Does anyone think Tyndall could struggle in '15 & '16 recruiting...

NYC Vol

....because all of the top '15 & '16 talent Zo had on the hook will turn away from UT like the current class of signees?

Reactions: 1 person
....because all of the top '15 & '16 talent Zo had on the hook will turn away from UT like the current class of signees?

who did he have on the hook? To answer your question though....no it wont bc he will have plenty of time to build relationships

Reactions: 11 people
You will have a "Butch" clone recruiting for basketball. "nuff said." The similarities are eerie! Dave Hart knows his stuff! You may remember how hard I advocated for Rick Byrd. I now believe this is a better hire for the future of Tennessee basketball! As he said in his interview on Nashville radio, he may not be the best coach in college basketball but he can say no one will work harder at it than he does!

Reactions: 3 people
If Tyndall could sell the facilities at SM, don't think he'll have any problems here.
Donnie will recruit well.

Reactions: 2 people
It looks like Cuonzo was selling himself. I believe that Tyndall will sell the school. At some point, he will need some good results to keep kids interested though.

Reactions: 2 people
Some fans are overly optimistic, some overly pessimistic. I don't agree we've seen enough to say CDT is gonna be a big success here, but I also haven't seen enough to start screaming "the sky is falling". That said, if CDT can be successful in the SEC, he has enough time to build relationships with recruits in next year's class. Will it be the same guys as CCM? Probably not as we're talking different styles of play, but the time is there.

Posters need to keep expectations realistic. CDT is not a basketball god so don't be looking for him to walk on water. But he's not a bad coach either, so don't expect complete and total failure. Stay realistic. I think he very possibly struggles the first couple of seasons, but expect the learning curve to start catching up to him sometime during season two. Season three is where I expect to see big strides. If he hasn't caught up by season three, then he's not an SEC coach. And that's neither negativity nor positivity, that's just reality.

I'm all for CDT having his chance for proving himself and hope he succeeds, but I'm not gonna make him out to be more or less than he is. What his teams do on the court will be what I base my opinions on. Not speculation or hope. I want to see results. Tangible results. Until we have those, it's all a guess.

You will have a "Butch" clone recruiting for basketball. "nuff said." The similarities are eerie! Dave Hart knows his stuff! You may remember how hard I advocated for Rick Byrd. I now believe this is a better hire for the future of Tennessee basketball! As he said in his interview on Nashville radio, he may not be the best coach in college basketball but he can say no one will work harder at it than he does!

i listened to the audio link you posted yesterday, i agree. I like where he's trying to unite the fan base, giving props to Bruce but reminded people, he's two coaches removed.
he also talked about at USM, he had to sell himself more. now, he believes the facilities will be a bigger sell. i don't think this year it will help as much but with the relationships developed while at MTSU and USM will start coming thru starting his 2nd season. imo

Didn't know it was possible to use "Zo" and "top talent" in the same sentence.

Perhaps your doctor can prescribe some antidepressants and it won't be so bad for you. The man hasn't even coached a game yet you are already dismissing him.

Warning! Antidepressants may cause some patients to act out homicidal tendencies . :crazy:

The only question I have when it comes to CDT recruiting will be his ability to recruit against the big schools. It's a totally different animal when your recruiting against ky, Duke, and other big name basketball schools.

Didn't know it was possible to use "Zo" and "top talent" in the same sentence.

Zo pulled in two 5-star players, although Stokes was somewhat due to Memphis and Kentucky not having a spot for him mid-season.

I do not believe he ever signed a 4-star prospect which is odd considering he nabbed two 5-stars.

Reactions: 1 person
15 is a long way down and enough time for CDT to build relationship. I know he has to play catch up for 15 recruits but he has enough time and resources.

VN Store

Back