What about Dave?

Weezer

VolNation Dalai Lama , VN Most Beloved Poster
However you feel about the DT hire, you have to wonder if Hart is crapping his pants yet as he sees the recruiting class falling apart and DT targeting some players with a checkered past. I mean, you can't see the defection of every recruit as a positive. Wasn't "great recruiter" one of Hart's selling points? Yet he's lost the entire class. I'm not ignoring that maybe(big maybe) DT has some plans in the works, but seriously, Hart has to be a little panicked atm.

I'm looking at this from an AD POV. Lose the entire class and then target young men in need of second chances...that is certainly not what an AD wants to see. Not saying any of those guys is unworthy of a second chance, I just can't see Hart being thrilled. I mean, this is Tennessee. Hart has to know there's every chance if DT doesn't work out he'll be in the unemployment line.

Reactions: 1 person
DT said himself next year is gonna be tough. He said he wants to recruit kids that WANT to be here. Want to be here=they're gonna give their all no matter what. We can't ask for much more.
However you feel about the DT hire, you have to wonder if Hart is crapping his pants yet as he sees the recruiting class falling apart and DT targeting some players with a checkered past. I mean, you can't see the defection of every recruit as a positive. Wasn't "great recruiter" one of Hart's selling points? Yet he's lost the entire class. I'm not ignoring that maybe(big maybe) DT has some plans in the works, but seriously, Hart has to be a little panicked atm.

I'm looking at this from an AD POV. Lose the entire class and then target young men in need of second chances...that is certainly not what an AD wants to see. Not saying any of those guys is unworthy of a second chance, I just can't see Hart being thrilled. I mean, this is Tennessee. Hart has to know there's every chance if DT doesn't work out he'll be in the unemployment line.

Kids don't commit to a school, they commit to a coach who they have built a strong relationship with throughout the recruiting process. I love UT just like I know you love UT, but Martin's recruits (and most recruits of any sport for that matter) don't love UT like we do.

I actually think DT will work it out somehow(or at least have high hopes he does). I just also enjoy the mental image of Dave Hart losing his mind.

Seriously, detach from fanhood for two seconds and look at this from an AD POV. I'm sure this isn't what Hart had in mind when he made the hire. Surely he had visions of stability and a smooth transition. This has been anything but. Now, as a fan, I'm not sure this is a bad thing. I think a shake up might do us some good. But that's not how an AD is paid to think.

Could the defections possibly be because Martin poisoned not only the current players but also the signees?

I just think all this hand wringing is unnecessary. If Hart is freaking, which I don't think he is, then he's in the wrong profession. Why don't we all get a good month or two of rest and everything will be better .

Lisen to Coach T on the radio broadcast. He makes the statement he has been in this business 20 years and, contrary to popular belief, 99% of kids sign because of the coach not the school. Of course "brilliant" fans know different!!!

How many more of these threads do we need?

Zero. And this is one too many. Who cares about Cuonzo's three star recruits? Get behind the coach and give him time to establish his program. We've been breathlessly commenting on his every move since he got there 72 hours ago. Will he make it? Oh no, he lost another recruit that was going to play...not at all next year!!!

Hey VN take some heat for the reaction of current and recruited players. After the petition, written statements about the coach and players, family insults, etc. if they have any moxie at all they aren't going to hug VN's neck. When change occurs there is going to be fall out and it's happening, we will just have to take the losses to get the gains. I say Donnie has it covered.

Pretty sure most saw this as a possibility including Hart. And if he didn't then we are screwed.

i picture him reading volnation laughing at our fans creating threads like this.

Reactions: 2 people
CDT is going to have to rebuild and it may take awhile. The recruiting class is shot to sh ite.

This is a good thing! This way DT can get in the players who want to play for U.T. The current LOI's didn't want to play at U.T., they wanted to play for Cuonzo.

None of us expected much of the 2014 season anyway. Well, maybe at one point, we thought Martin would return, Stokes would return & Rhett would transfer, but those thoughts only lasted a few days.

2014 will be a rebuilding season.

Next season will be tough no matter who was coaching. Give CDT a chance. Geez

Your question assumes Hart gives a crap.

VN Store

Back