Current roster vs potential?

Dougie_D

Sorry if this already mentioned.. but I wasn't sure because it's all scrambled up.

Let's just assume COFER is not coming and it's going to USM guys and JUCO's.

With the names mentioned and who we are hot for, how will the current rotation be or who will most likely be starting or getting more minutes compared to our current roster?

Punter is gonna visit either this weekend or shortly thereafter. He seems to be a better shooter than Cornish and has a similar rating.

Coaches are going to see Ellie he looks good on film don't know exactly how he would fit in the SEC. He is 6'9" tall and 220 pounds looks athletic to me.

Octavius Ellis is as talented as Cofer don't know where we stand with him, but he is a guy that could play immediately.

Then there are the Southern Miss guys and don't know how we stand with any of them. At least five have called CDT wanting to come to Tennessee. I would hope of the five that called one was their juco point guard.

If you want to know worst case, as in who's left on the roster...

PG: Thompson
SG: Hubbs
SF: Richardson/ Moore
PF: Davis/ Reese
C: Pops

Obviously we are gonna add some bodies, no idea who yet though. 2 or 3 from USM seem very possible, but who knows, maybe the new coach won't release them from their loi's. So at this point, there's not anyone you can point to and say, "oh he'll definitely be on the roster".

So I will just give you my best case scenario of who we could land, out of people who's names have been thrown around:

Rasham Suarez: JUCO PG committed and signed to USM

Willie Carmichael: freshman 3/4 committed and signed to USM:

Kevin Punter: JUCO 2/3 committed, but not signed to Missouri. Going to take a visit at some point to Tennessee most likely.

Octavius Ellis: JUCO C, uncommitted. Took a visit to USM the last weekend that Tyndall was there. Reports are Tyndall will pursue him at Tennessee as well, but grades are a concern.

Devonta Pollard: JUCO 4/5, uncommitted. Former 5* and MCDAA, played for Alabama his freshman year. Got into some trouble played last year at a JUCO, Tennessee expected to reach out.

That would give you a rotation of:

PG: Thompson/ Suarez
SG: Hubbs/ Punter
PF: Pollard/ Davis/ Carmichael
C: Ellis

If you want to know worst case, as in who's left on the roster...

PG: Thompson
PF: Davis/ Reese
C: Pops

Obviously we are gonna add some bodies, no idea who yet though. 2 or 3 from USM seem very possible, but who knows, maybe the new coach won't release them from their loi's. So at this point, there's not anyone you can point to and say, "oh he'll definitely be on the roster".

So I will just give you my best case scenario of who we could land, out of people who's names have been thrown around:

Rasham Suarez: JUCO PG committed and signed to USM

Willie Carmichael: freshman 3/4 committed and signed to USM:

Kevin Punter: JUCO 2/3 committed, but not signed to Missouri. Going to take a visit at some point to Tennessee most likely.

Octavius Ellis: JUCO C, uncommitted. Took a visit to USM the last weekend that Tyndall was there. Reports are Tyndall will pursue him at Tennessee as well, but grades are a concern.

Devonta Pollard: JUCO 4/5, uncommitted. Former 5* and MCDAA, played for Alabama his freshman year. Got into some trouble played last year at a JUCO, Tennessee expected to reach out.

That would give you a rotation of:

PG: Thompson/ Suarez
SG: Hubbs/ Punter
PF: Pollard/ Davis/ Carmichael

i can deal with that...having only 2 senior on the roaster next year and saving a scholly ...could set us up for a great 2016

i can deal with that...having only 2 senior on the roaster next year and saving a scholly ...could set us up for a great 2016

Yup, and not to speculate but you could see a guy like Reese transfer out. So you would likely have 3 scholarships at least to offer in the 2015 class.

What about

PG: Chiles
SF: Richardson
PF: Pollard

Bench:
Moore
Reese
Thompson/Punter
Minnie/Pops

Yup, and not to speculate but you could see a guy like Reese transfer out. So you would likely have 3 scholarships at least to offer in the 2015 class.

I actually think Reese will show the most improvement and be productive for the team. He had some nice moments this year off the bench. IMO he never played with 100% full confidence however with the past year's experience under his belt I could see him developing into a solid player for us.

VN Store

Back