Let's just hope 1 or 2 USM players come..

Dougie_D

Think about it.

You get hire/recruited to a company. Than all your bosses, managers leave.

A new boss comes in with his managers and some of his employees or the ones he hired.

You might feel like eventually they will "favor" them over you, especially if they do better or just as good work than you.

If the USM guys are just "bodies" , then I'll take them. If not, and say all the USM become Starters, then it might get rockier down the road..

Reactions: 1 person
It is in the works. CDT will probably pickup two, maybe three from USM if they are released from their LOI's. It all centers around if they are released by their new coach.

Reactions: 1 person
Which unfortunately means we have to wait until they hire a coach

You are correct. CDT doesn't want to publicly say he has in mind to go after his former recruits until they are released officially from USM for legal reasons as well as influence their chances of getting out of their LOI's.

depends if they are released or not. Donnie talked about his relationship with their AD so let's hope it all works out.
If they do switch, is it possible it's a better class than we had? Asking. I really have no idea.

depends if they are released or not. Donnie talked about his relationship with their AD so let's hope it all works out.
If they do switch, is it possible it's a better class than we had? Asking. I really have no idea.

Ranking wise? Probably not cause it'll be more juco than high school players that he brings IMO. Might be better fit, definitely be better chemistry wise due to them actually wanting to be here.

Depends on who all from their class leaves.

They don't have a single recruit ranked in the top 150, Martin's class had 2 fwiw.

Now 2 of the guys I would want from their class are JUCOs, so they wouldn't be in those rankings anyways.

So just taking kids from their class would it be better than the 5 man class Martin had? No, not even close IMO.

Now if Tyndall lands 2-3 USM guys, the JUCOs Pollard, Ellis and Punter then I think it's definitely better than what Martin had lined up.

Ranking wise? Probably not cause it'll be more juco than high school players that he brings IMO. Might be better fit, definitely be better chemistry wise due to them actually wanting to be here.

I don't care about ranking, tbh. USM pg from last year was better than we have had in years and I doubt he was highly rated. Just wonder if they can play and how they fit.

They've already called him wanting to come to Tennessee. I'd like to see us get their point guard and maybe Carmichael. I would like to see Cofer come to Tennessee and add one more guy from the JUCO's. I would let Q go ahead and transfer he is gonna get mired down in the rotation again if he stays.

If I could my wish would go:

Suarez
Carmichel
Cofer
Ellis
Minnie

I think that would make us competitive in the SEC.

BTO-do JUCOS actually sign a LOI or simply enroll in classes? Without a signed LOI or enrolling in class, they can switch colleges in a hurry. I was under the assumption rules were different for JUCOS.

If he makes it in this w/e as he had hoped, then yes I expect him to be CDT's first commit by next Wednesday or sooner.

If he makes it in this w/e as he had hoped, then yes I expect him to be CDT's first commit by next Wednesday or sooner.

If he was coming in I would agree, but he's not likely coming in this weekend. So like I asked, you think he will commit and sign without visiting?

BTO-do JUCOS actually sign a LOI or simply enroll in classes? Without a signed LOI or enrolling in class, they can switch colleges in a hurry. I was under the assumption rules were different for JUCOS.

JUCOs sign a binding agreement, I guess it's a LOI. Graduate transfers do not though

If he was coming in I would agree, but he's not likely coming in this weekend. So like I asked, you think he will commit and sign without visiting?
No. Kids who commit w/o visiting first, commit solely on emotion, and we all know those type kids change their minds numerous times before they finally settle on their school of choice. Where did you see he's not likely coming this w/e? I have not seen that.

No. Kids who commit w/o visiting first, commit solely on emotion, and we all know those type kids change their minds numerous times before they finally settle on their school of choice. Where did you see he's not likely coming this w/e? I have not seen that.

@Ben_Fred: Talked w/ State Fair CC (Sedalia, Mo.) coach Kevin Thomas. He said Kevin Punter hopes to visit UT. Not sure it will be this weekend, though.

@Ben_Fred: Talked w/ State Fair CC (Sedalia, Mo.) coach Kevin Thomas. He said Kevin Punter hopes to visit UT. Not sure it will be this weekend, though.
Thanks, I had not seen that. I still think he commits whenever he visits, assuming of course CDT still has a spot for him. Do you agree or disagree?

Thanks, I had not seen that. I still think he commits whenever he visits, assuming of course CDT still has a spot for him. Do you agree or disagree?

I've said since it came out that he was gonna visit that I felt we would land him if he does indeed visit.

Tyndall has a connection on his staff to that school and those types of things pay off in the JUCO ranks.

Where it could get dicey is if he doesn't make it in this weekend and Missouri hires a coach Monday or Tuesday. That likely would give their new coach time with Punter before he made a visit to Knoxville.

VN Store

Back