Tyndall's Recruiting Strategy this year...

CroKev

The Oldest Sport
Full disclosure: I'm not a big BB guy.
That being said, could Tyndall possibly be trying to do a CBJ his first year. CBJ didn't fill up his roster the first year because he knew Tennessee HS FB was stacked with talent the following year. Is Tyndall writing off this class and going for broke next year? Can you even do that in BB like you can in FB? Is Tennessee HS BB and the surrounding area around KTown stacked next year?

Work the prison leagues...bring in four thugs.

We don't want to win games; we just want to beat up future NBA stars from Kensucky

Just my opinion

Reactions: 5 people
That being said, could Tyndall possibly be trying to do a CBJ his first year. CBJ didn't fill up his roster the first year because he knew Tennessee HS FB was stacked with talent the following year. Is Tyndall writing off this class and going for broke next year? Can you even do that in BB like you can in FB? Is Tennessee HS BB and the surrounding area around KTown stacked next year?[/Qso you are not a bb guy but do you really think a coach would tank a season. also butch came in an in a months time had a nice recruiting class first year

He may not fill all of the spots, but he won't leave many open. You still need enough to practice with. I also think that he believes that he can win right away in the SEC.

That being said, could Tyndall possibly be trying to do a CBJ his first year. CBJ didn't fill up his roster the first year because he knew Tennessee HS FB was stacked with talent the following year. Is Tyndall writing off this class and going for broke next year? Can you even do that in BB like you can in FB? Is Tennessee HS BB and the surrounding area around KTown stacked next year?

Are you kidding??? We've got 7 scholarship players right now. Not enough to even have a pick up game. He may not use up all 6 this year, but will try to get a couple of transfers with one year left, a couple of JUCOS, or a freshman or two. To run his offense and defense he needs able bodies.

From what we've seen so far, I don't think he is interested in recruiting
I dont know about everyone, but I personally am not privy to the interests of Donnie T, nor am I willing to insinuate his low interest level of recruiting.

I will say this...if coach T isnt interested in recruiting then he also isnt interested in coaching college basketball...neither of which I believe to be true.

Reactions: 4 people
Work the prison leagues...bring in four thugs.

We don't want to win games; we just want to beat up future NBA stars from Kensucky

Just my opinion

He can start in his home state....

prison1a.jpg

Prison-Basketball-GOR-8837h.jpg

20130930__warriors2~2_300.JPG

And the Lady Vols as well....

article-2025835-0D6C34DF00000578-220_634x757.jpg

lingerie-basketball.f_ce6_022.jpg

article-2025835-0D6C34EB00000578-368_634x919.jpg

Reactions: 3 people
That is what I'm talking bout!

The guys can wear their orange uniforms to pick up roadside trash

His strategy is to try to get them to be competitive. That's going to be a tall order in 2014-2015 seeing that his cupboard is really bare.

Not slamming on Coach Martin but if we were objective we would have to admit he left our basketball program in much much worse shape than he found it..... I just hope the new coach can try to pull things back together again quickly...... Of course it was a mess when Coach Pearl took over as well.....

Not slamming on Coach Martin but if we were objective we would have to admit he left our basketball program in much much worse shape than he found it..... I just hope the new coach can try to pull things back together again quickly...... Of course it was a mess when Coach Pearl took over as well.....

By my count Pearl left Martin 6 scholarship players, and 2 signees, 1 of which couldn't qualify.

Martin left Tyndall 7 scholarship players, and 4 signees.

Reactions: 1 person

That's a lie. After being mistreated by fans and boosters, he left. A 7 foot 1 inch center he recruited to the UT decided to follow CM to California. Several other players who came to the UT to play for CM have also left. I anticipate 1-2 more may also leave. CM didn't leave the program worse, players he brought here wanted to play for him and left when he left. Maybe if boosters hadn't denied use of planes for recruiting trips, 36K fans hadn't signed a brining Back Bruce petition and engaged in other snubs, we wouldn't be in this mess. But to blame CM for leaving us worse is blatant lie. It's that very type of attitude that brought us where we are now with the BB program. Now, go ahead and browbeat me. The truth never has been welcome unless it favors someone or disadvantages someone else.

I don't know what his strategy is but mine would be to get a solid point guard, a shooting guard that can actually shoot and two solid post players. If he can do that we may be able to compete is all our present player improve.

I can see us be pretty good with a lineup of Thompson, Hubbs, Richardson, Ellis, and AJ Davis or Moore.

That's a lie. After being mistreated by fans and boosters, he left. A 7 foot 1 inch center he recruited to the UT decided to follow CM to California. Several other players who came to the UT to play for CM have also left. I anticipate 1-2 more may also leave. CM didn't leave the program worse, players he brought here wanted to play for him and left when he left. Maybe if boosters hadn't denied use of planes for recruiting trips, 36K fans hadn't signed a brining Back Bruce petition and engaged in other snubs, we wouldn't be in this mess. But to blame CM for leaving us worse is blatant lie. It's that very type of attitude that brought us where we are now with the BB program. Now, go ahead and browbeat me. The truth never has been welcome unless it favors someone or disadvantages someone else.

alot of the media stated that some coaches werent interested bc of the state the program was left in and that was before anyone left. They reported that on jimmy hyams show that the booster plane thing was overblown and Zo had plenty of planes to use. if an idiotic petition with fake names on it bothered him, Zo was not ready for big time basketball.

alot of the media stated that some coaches werent interested bc of the state the program was left in and that was before anyone left. They reported that on jimmy hyams show that the booster plane thing was overblown and Zo had plenty of planes to use. if an idiotic petition with fake names on it bothered him, Zo was not ready for big time basketball.

If a coach was scared by our 1 year roster with 6 available scholarships to use how he pleased he was not ready for big time basketball anyways.

VN Store

Back