Coach Tyndall and the 2014 class epidemic...

gardners_51609

Get Heuped Up!
I have been hearing from posters and several analyst on the radio that CDT has lost these incoming recruits because they do not buy into what he is saying. IMO that is pretty far from the truth. As many of us know there are several factors that go into new recruits picking a school and sticking with it when a coaching change occurs...

1. Did the recruit commit to Martin or UT?
2. Did the recruit fit into the new coaches system?
3. Was the recruit looking for a way out of his LOI?
4. Did the recruit think he fit into CDT's system?
5. And many, many other reasons...

My point is that the recruits are not leaving just because they think CDT is a terrible coach, person, recruiter. There are plenty of other reasons. Everything will work out and be rebuilt, just enjoy the ride...

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 people
Holy ****, it's a coaching change. Can't expect the recruits that signed with the old coach to want to stay. It's pulling the rug out from under their feet after they've agreed to be contractually obligated to commit to a team.

It happens ALL. THE. TIME.

You seriously can't expect to retain the signees from the previous coach in the midst of a coaching change. Nothing more. Nada.

Reactions: 15 people
Very tempted to bump my thread where people flamed me for saying some of our signees may want out. I will resist.

Holy ****, it's a coaching change. Can't expect the recruits that signed with the old coach to want to stay. It's pulling the rug out from under their feet after they've agreed to be contractually obligated to commit to a team.

You seriously can't expect to retain the signees from the previous coach in the midst of a coaching change. Nothing more. Nada.

I can't believe I agree with Chris lol

I was getting the impression from some posters that CDT was basically asking them to look elsewhere.

We didn't let any signees go when Dooley came. If we did, we would of had our first 4-8 year easily.

We didn't let any signees go when Dooley came. If we did, we would of had our first 4-8 year easily.

We're certainly not obligated to release any of them, but that would be a ****ty move on our part, right?

If Tyndall can convince any of those who are considering leaving to stay, that's awesome. If they still want to leave, no hard feelings and best of luck to ya IMO.

Reactions: 4 people
We're certainly not obligated to release any of them, but that would be a ****ty move on our part, right?

If Tyndall can convince any of those who are considering leaving to stay, that's awesome. If they still want to leave, no hard feelings and best of luck to ya IMO.

Who cares about how people feel. It's mostly about the W's to me. We need integrity also, but we did not have to let any of them go. PR is a game of sissies. Nick Saban doesn't need much of it.

I have been hearing from posters and several analyst on the radio that CDT has lost these incoming recruits because they do not buy into what he is saying. IMO that is pretty far from the truth. As many of us know there are several factors that go into new recruits picking a school and sticking with it when a coaching change occurs...

My point is that the recruits are not leaving just because they think CDT is a terrible coach, person, recruiter. There are plenty of other reasons. Everything will work out and be rebuilt, just enjoy the ride...

If I were a prospective recruit and had a LOI to U.T., then the current players tell me all the inside information of how Hart & the Boosters treated Martin, then I may not want to come to U.T. anymore myself.

I am not saying that everything the current basketball players is telling the LOI is true but I would not want to play for a school that SUPPOSEDLY treated Martin horribly.

My admittedly optimistic view:

I think we can bring Cofer back into the fold. Get a couple of Juco players, maybe pick off one of the remaining unsigned top 150 players, hope Cheivous thrives under Time Zone's new system, and ride Josh Richardson and Robert Hubbs to glory next season.

VN needs more threads on the issue.

It needs to be a thread for sure and all the others can go away. One stop shopping versus hearing this discussed in the middle of 10-12 other threads unrelated to the thread's original topic in most instances.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person

Points 2 and 4 are exactly the same, just worded differently. You didn't exactly boost your point except for number 1.

Who cares about how people feel. It's mostly about the W's to me. We need integrity also, but we did not have to let any of them go. PR is a game of sissies. Nick Saban doesn't need much of it.

It isn't a PR thing - forcing players to stay here who don't want to be here isn't going to get us any wins. Fortunately our coach understands that.

And for what should be the last time but almost certainly will not be, BASKETBALL IS NOT FOOTBALL!

Would forcing a player to either stay at a school he doesn't want to be at or making him lose a year of eligibility due to transfer be a move that reflects integrity?

A group of them had already enrolled early. I believe that if they had attended classes, then they would have to sit out a year if they had decided to leave. Not positive, but I believe it was said at the time. Those players did not want to sit out. That was the difference. The others had not contractually signed yet- just verbal. That is why football and basketball are different. Most football coaches are hired before signing day while most basketball coaches are hired well after the early signing period.

VN Store

Back