Quinton Chievous might be staying

So like, this one time, Quinton Chievous almost had a triple double in a scrimmage in his first year at UT.

And then he was never seen or heard from again.......

Reactions: 1 person
Quinton is better then anybody they could get. Maybe now people on here will finally start to understand how deep in it our program is. Tyndall made 400 grand last year. It took us quadrupling his salary to get him to take on this mess. P.S. Am I the only one who threw up when i read this?:unsure:

Reactions: 10 people
And ftr, I think this coach will make gut moves during games instead of sticking with players when it's not working. Sometimes somebody else can get the role done and lead to a win.

Reactions: 2 people
Certainly would be interesting to see if he can become a contributor. Kinda like how poorly Buzz used his players was magnified by Pearl.

Reactions: 3 people
I think its safe to say we never saw what Q could do. Maybe he thrives in a pressing style and everyone changes their minds.

And this is where I have to ask, could Cornish not have been more of a contributor than Q?

My answer is something you won't agree with but I'll give it anyway.

Tyndall may prefer to have Q fill in as a stop gap for two years vs having Cornish taking up a spot for 4 years. He may think he can replace Cornish next year with a better player / better fit. Also, Q "maybe" staying could just be wishful thinking by Q. He may sense an opportunity now that he didn't see a month ago. But in all reality that opportunity may not be there and in the end he moves on to another school.

Bottom line is that Cornish is replaceable. Pretty easily if you ask me. Not that hard to find an unranked 3* SG in the next year or two. In my opinion, it was going to take him a year or two to really have an impact. Seems to me he is about the same caliber of player as AJ Davis.

VN Store

Back