Like I said before, Revolutions usually fail.

volholio

That's the nature of the beast. History bears this out again and again and again. Most revolutions fail.

Locally, we fired Fulmer: we started a revolution. Since then, we've had the worst football at UT anyone in history has ever seen.

We run off Cuonzo: it's a revolution. Starting from scratch. We're worse off now than we've been in a long, long time.

To not think this is scorched earth territory is wishful thinking.

I hope I'm wrong. I hope Tyndall gets this rolling right here and now. Unfortunately, I think it's gonna be awhile.

I hate it for JRich.

Reactions: 16 people
OP is one of the worst posts ever. Guy hasn't coached a game, a 110ish ranked PG and a 170 something SG decommits and the "revolution" has failed?

Good grief.

At least when Pearl lost Tyler Smith it was a top 50 player and when Zo lost Ware and Jones they were top 50-75 type players. Didn't quite end the program though.

Reactions: 25 people
OP is one of the worst posts ever. Guy hasn't coached a game, a 110ish ranked PG and a 170 something SG decommits and the "revolution" has failed?

Good grief.

At least when Pearl lost Tyler Smith it was a top 50 player and when Zo lost Ware and Jones they were top 50-75 type players. Didn't quite end the program though.

They are still better then what we got now. Those players might not be great but I think they were going to be good for what console wanted

Good grief.

Hey Army, you got your guy. Congrats.

Did we lose a great coach and somebody forget to tell us? :huh:

Reactions: 14 people
I'm not sure I'd call it a "revolution" more like, moving forward. Fulmer was on decline, and Cuonzerelli didn't want to be here. Had to move on.

Reactions: 4 people
I'm not sure I'd call it a "revolution" more like, moving forward. Fulmer was on decline, and Cuonzerelli didn't want to be here. Had to move on.

We sure seem to "move forward" a lot. The op's stance is somewhat extreme, but I do see where he's coming from.

We sure seem to "move forward" a lot. The op's stance is somewhat extreme, but I do see where he's coming from.

I agree, and I see his point as well, to an extent. The problem with "moving forward" a lot lately has been having to replace guys that weren't the right fit. Its not very likely you get the right guy on the first try as history has shown us. I think we're getting to point now where we'll have some stability assuming Donnie works out. But to call it a "revolution" is a bit much.

That's the nature of the beast. History bears this out again and again and again. Most revolutions fail.

Locally, we fired Fulmer: we started a revolution. Since then, we've had the worst football at UT anyone in history has ever seen.

We fired Bruce Pearl: it's a revolution. Starting from scratch. We're worse off now than we've been in a long, long time.

I hope I'm wrong. I hope Tyndall gets this rolling right here and now. Unfortunately, I think it's gonna be awhile.

I hate it for JRich.

fyp

Reactions: 1 person

We run off Cuonzo: it's a revolution. Starting from scratch. We're worse off now than we've been in a long, long time.

I hate it for JRich.
The reason Tennessee's revolutions fail is because instead of getting a proven 4 star general to lead it, we grab the first guy that walks out of basic training.

Reactions: 8 people
I don't want to come off as a Counzo lover, I would have never fired Pearl in the first place, I would have brought him back in a second. But running off an african american coach after going to the sweet sixteen, the public perception in the rest of the country that were a bunch of racists and the administration isn't supportive of the basketball program isn't worth saving 200 thousand dollars. I never trust somebody can do something before they do it. Can Tyndell take a team to the sweet sixteen? Can he get 5 star recruits out of Memphis? Can he win in the sec and beat Kentucky and Florida? Counzo did. Can he run a clean program? Hasn't done it yet. The only thing he has proven is that he can win a Chazz Bono lookalike contest. And can't keep recruits.

I don't want to come off as a Counzo lover, I would have never fired Pearl in the first place, I would have brought him back in a second. But running off an african american coach after going to the sweet sixteen, the public perception in the rest of the country that were a bunch of racists and the administration isn't supportive of the basketball program isn't worth saving 200 thousand dollars. I never trust somebody can do something before they do it. Can Tyndell take a team to the sweet sixteen? Can he get 5 star recruits out of Memphis? Can he win in the sec and beat Kentucky and Florida? Counzo did. Can he run a clean program? Hasn't done it yet. The only thing he has proven is that he can win a Chazz Bono lookalike contest. And can't keep recruits.

Cuonzo was not ran out of town. He was given a $500,000 per year raise. It was his decision to leave.

Reactions: 3 people

If Martin were white would race be an issue?
Obviously the answer is no and that's pretty racist in of itself imo.

Reactions: 10 people

So funny. The fans ran Him off and made a laughing stock out of us. They sure call it He wanted to leave now. Your type have really hurt us.

So funny. The fans ran Him off and made a laughing stock out of us. They sure call it He wanted to leave now. Your type have really hurt us.

You don't have to capitalize he or him when referring to Martin. He's not a god despite what you may believe.

I hate it for JRich.

How did the American Revolution work out for you and the rest of us?

:eek:k: :eek:k: :salute: :salute: :salute: :eek:k: :eek:k:

Reactions: 2 people

For the last freaking time, NOBODY RAN THE MAN OFF!

You have to have thick skin as a little league coach, let alone big boy ball in the SEC. Making millions, living an exclusive life, gaining be fits every where you turn, and you get your little feelers hurt? Grow a pair pal.

For the last freaking time, NOBODY RAN THE MAN OFF!

You have to have thick skin as a little league coach, let alone big boy ball in the SEC. Making millions, living an exclusive life, gaining be fits every where you turn, and you get your little feelers hurt? Grow a pair pal.

the administration ran him off. 1.3 million plus 1.6 million buy out equals 2.9 million Guarenteed. 1.8 million salary plus 1 million buyout equals 2.8 million guarenteed. a 100 hundred thousand dollar paycut after a sweet sixteen appearance. Counzo left for at least triple the guarenteed money

the administration ran him off. 1.3 million plus 1.6 million buy out equals 2.9 million Guarenteed. 1.8 million salary plus 1 million buyout equals 2.8 million guarenteed. a 100 hundred thousand dollar paycut after a sweet sixteen appearance. Counzo left for at least triple the guarenteed money

Sweet 16 run? Ok. But the opponents wouldn't contend for the regular season Sun Belt Conf championship.

Even so, Cuonzo knew his recruits suck, and next year the hot seat was going to get him. Thank God Dave Hart knew this as well.

I don't know about you, but making 1.8 mil/yr in Knoxville isn't too shabby. His agent got him out while he could, bottom line.

If Martin were white would race be an issue?
Obviously the answer is no and that's pretty racist in of itself imo.

I don't think he was run off because hes black. I think it was simply the administration being cheap. But it was obvious how it would be perceived around the country. Perception is reality. You have to live in the world as it is. Not how you think it should be. You have to look at the consequences of your actions. Before you make them.
Everyone thinks were racists.

If he was that concerned with the buyout is indicative of him knowing we were going to suck for the foreseeable future too. Any coach that changes jobs and moves 2500 miles across the country because of the buyout is very telling. He simply wanted a bigger parachute when his plane inevitability crashed.

VN Store

Back