It's funny

orangepeopleeater

It's funny that people are so upset that these players have decommited. I myself think that Tennessee is capable of more than 3 star players. No matter how you shake it the players that left could not live up to what Tennessee has done under Pearls players. I believe that is why Martin left for Cal. He was playing on borrowed time. Is there any realistic players as of now that Coach Tyndall can recruit that get us back in the tournament, because the ones that left was heading Back to the NIT.

Reactions: 4 people
It's funny that people are so upset that these players have decommited. I myself think that Tennessee is capable of more than 3 star players. No matter how you shake it the players that left could not live up to what Tennessee has done under Pearls players. I believe that is why Martin left for Cal. He was playing on borrowed time. Is there any realistic players as of now that Coach Tyndall can recruit that get us back in the tournament, because the ones that left was heading Back to the NIT.

No.

These recruits were top 150 players. Watch where they land.

Reactions: 4 people

Myles Turner's dad used to work on Donnie TNDall's Kia Sedona at the dealer, there could be a connection there for sure.

We had a successful season with Dane Bradshaw playing forward - who would have predicted that?

Reactions: 1 person
Got that right. Anyone knows ... especially in basketball you have to have great talent to achieve the prize. I don't think Kansas, Duke, and North Carolina made a name off of 3 star players.

So you think we can just grab a 5 star for next season? Considering there aren't any left...we also probably won't grab a 5 star for 2015 either because the early signing starts in November. These were solid recruits, not spectacular. But they were good enough to be contributors at UT. At this point, we need to field a team much less play for the "prize." Heck, UT has never played for the prize in its history...ever.

I'm surprised everyone isn't complaining Stokes punked out instead of staying. Seems like so many people are just over reacting. Im starting to think everyone's girl friends and wives have taken over their accounts and are posting.

Reactions: 1 person
Michael Jordan was a 3 Star recruit when he signed - He later blewup in allstar games after senior year and became a four star - These are good recruits we are losing & it does not advance our program losing them

So you think we can just grab a 5 star for next season? Considering there aren't any left...we also probably won't grab a 5 star for 2015 either because the early signing starts in November. These were solid recruits, not spectacular. But they were good enough to be contributors at UT. At this point, we need to field a team much less play for the "prize." Heck, UT has never played for the prize in its history...ever.
Nah, he's got this one in the bag for 2015
Malik Newman - Yahoo! Sports

I know! I know! Let's start a petition for more 5 stars! ;-)

Reactions: 2 people
Then watch how many minutes they get. How many Championships were won with a team of 3 star or less players?

You understand that a 3 star player is probably around the 100th best player in the nation don't you?

As for your second part, there are next to none who have won a championship without a 3 star player.

Last edited:
People love to bring up overachieving low star players to justify bad recruiting or a terrible roster knowing full well that its the exception, not the rule. Makes me laugh.

Reactions: 2 people
Better question, when do these threads that pop up every five seconds saying the same thing stop after a coaching search is finally over? A week? A month?

VN Store

Back