Status of Lopez and Campbell?

SeniorDrill

Both of them are guards who might fit in. I believe they are non-scholarship. Anybody know their status?

Still walkons, but at this rate very likely they get put on scholly and see significant PT lol

I was thinking the same thing. CDT also ought to see if anybody around has eligibility left. I remember a guy named Alex Dillard that had some remaining so went to Arkansas under Nolan Richardson and did well. Dude could shoot the 3 ball.

sounds like 2nd and 3rd string pg. Going to have to play 8-10 minutes between them somehow at this rate.

If Lopez and Campbell play significant minutes this entire deal will end up being a disaster.

I just don't get running off these players when the well is already dry. If it was their own choice I can understand, if the rumors are true and Tyndall pushed the recruits away I don't get it.

Who is left on the board from S. Miss or otherwise that can truly be considered an upgrade? Are they even going to add anyone for this class or are they going to put Lopez and Campbell on scholarship and hold the rest for 2015?

I clearly may be overreacting but I don't see this as a great second day on the job.

Can any of you speak for the coaching staff. Recruits. Or current players. If not. Then quit freaking worrying for nothing. Let's see what happens.

Reactions: 1 person
only thing you can do after a rough day is try to make the next one better. I have to assume he will have some players coming that can play ball a little. None of the ones that had committed had proven anything at the college level so we don't really know what we lost.

Reactions: 1 person
If Lopez and Campbell play significant minutes this entire deal will end up being a disaster. I just don't get running off these players when the well is already dry. If it was their own choice I can understand, if the rumors are true and Tyndall pushed the recruits away I don't get it. Who is left on the board from S. Miss or otherwise that can truly be considered an upgrade? Are they even going to add anyone for this class or are they going to put Lopez and Campbell on scholarship and hold the rest for 2015? I clearly may be overreacting but I don't see this as a great second day on the job.
Not overreacting, making disgusting comments. Lopez and Campbell have busted their butts for a total of five years to make the Tennessee Volunteers a better basketball team with no compensation except a minute or two playing time here or there. None of us who have ever rode the bench on a basketball team appreciate your comments at all, and that is 80% of the ones who ever played basketball! Hope those young men don't read yours or others comments!

Reactions: 2 people
Not overreacting, making disgusting comments. Lopez and Campbell have busted their butts for a total of five years to make the Tennessee Volunteers a better basketball team with no compensation except a minute or two playing time here or there. None of us who have ever rode the bench on a basketball team appreciate your comments at all, and that is 80% of the ones who ever played basketball! Hope those young men don't read yours or others comments!

I don't see how my comments are disgusting as they are not intended in any way to be disparaging to either player.I am both appreciative and ecstatic that they have chosen to sacrifice for the University of Tennessee.I believe it would be difficult to quantify in words the work they do to better our basketball team. If either reads any of this let me be the first to say thank you for the contribution.

The fact of the matter is that they have walked on to the University and as of this time are not scholarship players. No scholarship would have been offered to the former incoming guards had Lopez and Campbell been given them by the previous staff. If we are trading playing time and scholarships to walk-on's who as of this time had not earned a scholarship then I feel this next season could be disastrous. Hopefully, if they are rewarded with scholarships I am proven wrong and will be able to revisit this post and admit my misconception.

That being said I still wonder where the staff is going to turn with what seems to be on the board currently.

Lopez got a lot of pt two seasons ago as Golden's backup. Proved he was serviceable then. My hope in regards to those two guys is that dirty don keeps them on the roster. We're limited to two walk ons, and I hope coach doesn't have something else in mind for those spots. They're Knoxville kids and deserve to finish out their careers here.

If Lopez and Campbell play significant minutes this entire deal will end up being a disaster.

I just don't get running off these players when the well is already dry. If it was their own choice I can understand, if the rumors are true and Tyndall pushed the recruits away I don't get it.

Who is left on the board from S. Miss or otherwise that can truly be considered an upgrade? Are they even going to add anyone for this class or are they going to put Lopez and Campbell on scholarship and hold the rest for 2015?

I clearly may be overreacting but I don't see this as a great second day on the job.

This is a direct quote from Cornish's mother so the rumor Tyndall ran them off just is not true.

"He (Tyndall) did try to convince us to stay," Rew-Cornish said. "He did extend to us that if our options do not fare in the best interest of Jordan that he is always welcome to come back. So I appreciate that."

This is a direct quote from Cornish's mother so the rumor Tyndall ran them off just is not true.

"He (Tyndall) did try to convince us to stay," Rew-Cornish said. "He did extend to us that if our options do not fare in the best interest of Jordan that he is always welcome to come back. So I appreciate that."

And in the same article Larry Austin's coach is quoted as saying that he made the decision to reopen his recruitment when CM left.

People expected the signees to react this way, right? I expected all four would open back up, and that maybe a couple of current players might want to see about some other options as well. That's just par for the course these days.

All I heard was that Martin was an average/terrible recruiter, I'm a little surprised with some of what I've read...admittedly, I haven't read everything.

I said this in another thread. I've known one of Cornish's coaches my whole life and when I talked to him today he said that Tyndall made it clear that he wanted all 4 to stick. I had asked if CDT did anything to suggest a mutual parting and he said no, at least not from what he had gathered from Jordan earlier today. He will sit down with him tomorrow to discuss his decision in more detail as well as his other options. It seems like these guys truly wanted to open it up on their own for whatever reason.

I said this in another thread. I've known one of Cornish's coaches my whole life and when I talked to him today he said that Tyndall made it clear that he wanted all 4 to stick. I had asked if CDT did anything to suggest a mutual parting and he said no, at least not from what he had gathered from Jordan earlier today. He will sit down with him tomorrow to discuss his decision in more detail as well as his other options. It seems like these guys truly wanted to open it up on their own for whatever reason.

That is what it sounds like to me to. Tyndall even went as far as to say if it did not work out for them they could come back. I think it makes a bold statement about his character by letting them leave and still being willing to take them back.

People expected the signees to react this way, right? I expected all four would open back up, and that maybe a couple of current players might want to see about some other options as well. That's just par for the course these days.

All I heard was that Martin was an average/terrible recruiter, I'm a little surprised with some of what I've read...admittedly, I haven't read everything.

I expected at least 2 of them to decommit but was a l was a little surprised all 4 did.

I expected at least 2 of them to decommit but was a l was a little surprised all 4 did.

Did Cofer decommit as well, or is the jury still out on that one?

I think with a coaching change, folks should expect the worst. Tyndall can re-recruit them if they fit what he's trying to do.

Honestly, I'd be surprised if Hubbs, at least, doesn't have some questions.

VN Store

Back