A day of Decommits

zaqhhh

Ok... i was very neutral about the hire of Tyndall (I was a supporter of Martin throughout)

After losing Cofer(unconfirmed), Austin, and Cornish..... How does Tyndall respond?

This in my mind is his first real test. I want players near equivalent to these...maybe those demands are a bit high but hey this is UT.... Welcome to the Big Leagues!

Edit: Previous rumors regarding Cofer seem to have been invalid. Turman has also been released

Last edited:
Can we rename this thread and just make it the "football forum style freak out" thread? We'd save a lot of soon to be negative comments and empty worries by consolidating them.

Reactions: 9 people
i hate to hear this but we knew we were in for changes and if we have to lose players its better now and lets just move forward

Reactions: 16 people
None of the guys ccm had coming in were more than projects and almost definitely not huge immediate impacts. I suspect cdt may have wanted to bring in his own players any way and came to a mutual understanding with the recruits that have asked for a release. Maybe I'm wrong, but it would make sense.

Reactions: 8 people
People complain about Kwanzos recruits not being good enough, then same people complain when said recruits walk. #itwillbeok.

Reactions: 36 people
None of the guys ccm had coming in were more than projects and almost definitely not huge immediate impacts. I suspect cdt may have wanted to bring in his own players any way and came to a mutual understanding with the recruits that have asked for a release. Maybe I'm wrong, but it would make sense.

Yeah, I think you're wrong there. These were top 150 guys. Foundation guys. Not world beaters, but the core of your team three years down the road. JMO.

Reactions: 20 people
Ok... i was very neutral about the hire of Tyndall (I was a supporter of Martin throughout)

After losing Cofer, Austin, and Cornish..... How does Tyndall respond?

This in my mind is his first real test. I want players near equivalent to these...maybe those demands are a bit high but hey this is UT.... Welcome to the Big Leagues!

I doubt he "lost" these players. We hear that both have been released from their LOIs this close together? I'd bet he called and told him they don't fit his program and they need to look elsewhere.

Most fans have been griping and moaning about this years class that CCM had signed. I just heard on 104.5 that a lot of national bball "experts" considered these guys "projects" who wouldn't be able to contribute anytime soon. I sure hope the guys on here who complained about how bad this class is aren't now the same guys who are gonna ***** about Tyndall's hiring now that it appears he's cleaning house and wants to bring in his guys.

Reactions: 2 people
Cofer gone... official. AND, officially we are screwed. No way Tyndall can rebound from this. Our roster will look like a church league next season. Black Curtains.

Yeah, I think you're wrong there. These were top 150 guys. Foundation guys. Not world breakers, but the core of your team three years down the road. JMO.

You may be right. I guess we'll see how Tyndall is able to fill those spots.

Also, you know that Tyndall had to have spoken with these kids and now they are leaving??? Does not speak well.....

I do find it telling that many complain that CCM couldn't recruit, yet when those recruits decommit, posters go ballistic. As I've said before, I suppose its just the VN Way

Reactions: 12 people
Cofer gone... official. AND, officially we are screwed. No way Tyndall can rebound from this. Our roster will look like a church league next season. Black Curtains.

He's been on the job 24 hours. Are you serious with this post? Let the guy do his job and give him more than one day to do it, would ya?

Reactions: 22 people
I do find it telling that many complain that CCM couldn't recruit, yet when those recruits decommit, posters go ballistic. As I've said before, I suppose its just the VN Way

It's not completely concern over the specific recruits more focused on concern for having enough players to fill a roster.

Reactions: 3 people
If they didn't want to be Vols then let them go somewhere else. Best of luck in the future for them. We want those who bleed Orange!

Reactions: 2 people
I think we still have Cofer.

I do too. This is the last tweet related to the coaching change I see...

@WallmanE75: “@LifeisDeep_: Every time I think about any other college, it doesn't feel right....Tennessee is my home man.” This tweet >>>> #VFL

VN Store

Back