Moving Forward

Domestic Silence

I think it's best to stop comparing Tyndall to Pearl, for everyone. I think it's clear I'm not on board with this hire, but my opinion is only my opinion. But people keep comparing him to Pearl and the longer you do that, the more you will hinder his ability to unite the fanbase together.

I think it was smart to acknowledge his influence in the presser, but it's probably best for everyone to end it there. Let's move forward, for better or for worse, and let Tyndall be Tyndall. He doesn't need the pressure of living up to that name.

Reactions: 1 person
I agree its time to move forward...CDT is our coach now...As much as we love Bruce he is now at Auburn..Which now makes him the enemy and the enemy deserves no mercy..."My Mr.Miyagi moment"..I hope we demolish his auburn teams.

We couldn't tell you weren't on board by every thread you post in...so thanks for making a thread and clarifying it for us.

Ps The Jewish mamba has nothing on Donnie Knoxville!

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people
I think it's best to stop comparing Tyndall to Pearl, for everyone. I think it's clear I'm not on board with this hire, but my opinion is only my opinion. But people keep comparing him to Pearl and the longer you do that, the more you will hinder his ability to unite the fanbase together.

I think it was smart to acknowledge his influence in the presser, but it's probably best for everyone to end it there. Let's move forward, for better or for worse, and let Tyndall be Tyndall. He doesn't need the pressure of living up to that name.

Probably the most intelligent thing you've said in the past week. Proud of you big guy :)

I think the people who supported Martin from day one owe the people who want the Martin discussion to stop about 3 years of non-stop Martin discussion.

3 years too late!Screw Pearl.

I think the people who supported Martin from day one owe the people who want the Martin discussion to stop about 3 years of non-stop Martin discussion.

Don't go CHANGING your modus operandi :glare:

Suppose I'll be flamed for this, but here goes...

I'm 38 years old...raised in this great state. Have never pulled for another team. But, for most of my life, UT basketball has been something we simply watch out of love/pride for our state and university. We have simply never been a "basketball school". Oh, we've had good runs before, always followed by more mostly average seasons. I remember us upsetting a Shaq-led LSU team one year...and, at least in my house, you'd have thought we won the national championship. Simply said, we watch and pull for Tennessee because we love Tennessee.

Throughout the 80's and 90's it was mostly this way...then along came Bruce Pearl, a "rising star", certainly not a proven D-1 coach. We enjoyed some of our greatest success under Coach P, and quite frankly, it spoiled so many of us. Somehow, we've developed an entitled mentality...one with no true basis. I'm definitely not saying we shouldn't hope to be great and strive to be. I'm not even saying we should be satisfied with mediocrity. I just wish we could stop acting like a bunch of spoiled rich kids over our b-ball program.

The A-list coaches were not coming here. Any lifelong UT fan already knew that. We've just hired another possible "rising star". Who knows what will happen? I don't, but I know one thing: I will be watching, and I will be cheering...just like I was when Devoe was here, even when Wade Houston was coaching...crazy O'Neil, Jerry Green, and Buzz Peterson.

Why? Because I love Tennessee. That is all.

Reactions: 5 people
Heard Wes Rucker on radio this morning. He stated that Tyndall reminds him more of Butch Jones than Pearl. Go Vols

Suppose I'll be flamed for this, but here goes...

I'm 38 years old...raised in this great state. Have never pulled for another team. But, for most of my life, UT basketball has been something we simply watch out of love/pride for our state and university. We have simply never been a "basketball school". Oh, we've had good runs before, always followed by more mostly average seasons. I remember us upsetting a Shaq-led LSU team one year...and, at least in my house, you'd have thought we won the national championship. Simply said, we watch and pull for Tennessee because we love Tennessee.

Throughout the 80's and 90's it was mostly this way...then along came Bruce Pearl, a "rising star", certainly not a proven D-1 coach. We enjoyed some of our greatest success under Coach P, and quite frankly, it spoiled so many of us. Somehow, we've developed an entitled mentality...one with no true basis. I'm definitely not saying we shouldn't hope to be great and strive to be. I'm not even saying we should be satisfied with mediocrity. I just wish we could stop acting like a bunch of spoiled rich kids over our b-ball program.

The A-list coaches were not coming here. Any lifelong UT fan already knew that. We've just hired another possible "rising star". Who knows what will happen? I don't, but I know one thing: I will be watching, and I will be cheering...just like I was when Devoe was here, even when Wade Houston was coaching...crazy O'Neil, Jerry Green, and Buzz Peterson.

Why? Because I love Tennessee. That is all.

They use to say the samething about Florida until Billy showed up. It just takes the right coach (Pearl and Donovan) to turn a so called football school into a basketball school

They use to say the samething about Florida until Billy showed up. It just takes the right coach (Pearl and Donovan) to turn a so called football school into a basketball school

Don't disagree with you...who knows what might've/could've been if certain things hadn't happened

Just wish many in our fanbase would realize we're not Duke, or UNC, or Kansas...at least we never have been, and we're certainly not right now.

(Sorry, couldn't bring myself to reference our SEC rivals, accomplished as they may be :) )

Heard Wes Rucker on radio this morning. He stated that Tyndall reminds him more of Butch Jones than Pearl. Go Vols

This is clearly becoming Hart's MO when he hires coaches - young(er), high-energy, great recruiters. Honestly, it's not terrible. I've been pretty impressed with Jones so far. Just need to get some more W's.

CBP set the standard at UT in basketball, folks will forget about him when someone gives them another standard, and that's Tyndall's challenge, to take the program to another level. If he ever does that then folks will be comparing everyone else to him.

I don't get what not on board means. Just like I did Martin and went in with him. And have done other coaches. I don't have much option. He's the coach on the sideline until he proves there is no future here for him, imo, and I'm going to roll with him until I feel I can't anymore.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back