Behind the scenes of Day 1 for DonnieKnoxville

Cool video!

Now, lets hope we don't see another "First Day" coach video for at least a decade!!!! :rock::rock:

Reactions: 14 people
Good video. I can truly say that I haven't been this excited about TN basketball since going into Pearl's 5th year. It's been a long time coming. Go Vols!!!

Reactions: 3 people
OK - the garbage of a lot of years in all men's sports has now been officially cleaned out. We have 3 excellent head coaching representatives of UT. No more polarizing crap that divides teams, staffs and most importantly, the fan base. For the sake of the student athletes and school, let's pull together again and leave the past in the past where it belongs.

Go Vols!!!!!!!

Reactions: 12 people
OK - the garbage of a lot of years in all men's sports has now been officially cleaned out. We have 3 excellent head coaching representatives of UT. No more polarizing crap that divides teams, staffs and most importantly, the fan base. For the sake of the student athletes and school, let's pull together again and leave the past in the past where it belongs.

Go Vols!!!!!!!

Good post. Hope this comes true. Could be an exiting year if Butch can put together a bowl season and CDT can get his team to 20 wins or so - i think complete buy in would be there for the first time in a long time for both sports.

I kind of began picturing BTO as Cuonzo in real life. It's really weird without the avi now

I did the same for a while, but realized it was an insult to Martin.

Thanks for the video BTO, it was good insight.

Great Video but when they were filming him introducing himself to the team a lot of the players seemed to be giving him the cold shoulder. In particular Hubbs didn't seem to enthused. Hopefully CDT can get these guys to buy in quickly and if that happens I think we can surprise a few people next year.

Great Video but when they were filming him introducing himself to the team a lot of the players seemed to be giving him the cold shoulder. In particular Hubbs didn't seem to enthused. Hopefully CDT can get these guys to buy in quickly and if that happens I think we can surprise a few people next year.

Watch the video where Butch introduces himself to the team in Dec 2012.

Most of them are staring at him like he's from another planet or something.

They'll buy in, just takes time.

Reactions: 1 person

Cut them some slack. A week ago they found out on Twitter their coach was headed to Cal. They feel like they've been dumped. They'll come around.

Reactions: 3 people
I like and of course support CDT. I do think, however, he will have a very tough time connecting with our current team. To be sure, it's always difficult, but just listening to him address the team, I don't see it happening.

I thought the same thing. But with the camera being in there it could have made them feel a little uncomfortable or awkawrd. He'll have to earn their respect. Things like that take time. Butch didn't get the players respect right away or the didn't buy in right away either.

Welcome to Rocky Top Coach!!! We are glad you are here and I hope you are our coach for many years to come! We will be behind you all the way as long as you represent our school with pride and make us proud of our team! Good luck & GO VOLS!!! :rock2::welcome3::fireworks:

Can't imagine what he thought when he saw the facilities. Pearl was humble when he got to Knoxville. I hope Donnie handles the money and success better than Pearl did and that he truly stays humble and thankful.

Enjoyed the video...and the company that made those nameplates on the door probably charged a little extra to turn it around that quick....Excited....only one item that concerns me and really its always been this way and will probably always be this way...but the first city he mentioned in recruiting was Memphis....I said many times here that spending huge amounts of time and money recruiting the Memphis kids (as a general rule and not specific players from time to time) is a RISKY thing at best...WE MUST BE VERY SELECTIVE ABOUT THE KIDS WE TAKE FROM MEMPHIS...I am very aware and close to that situation and its just a simple, well-known fact...You can spend all your time and energy there and still not get many kids and the selection of the type kid we want is very small there...it just is...Jarnell worked out great of course...That's the way you do it....target the one you want and go after HIM....not camp out in Memphis and shotgun recruit for any player out of Memphis...But other than that...I all good with CDT....

Reactions: 2 people
This team loved and respected Martin.

With teenagers and early twenties these days, it takes time to earn their respect. With athletes, they want to see what you can do for them (make them better, help them win, etc..) As mentioned, it will take time for them to "buy-in" and respect him.

VN Store

Back