Donnie's X's and 0"s

SeniorDrill

Folks, you are about to see as exciting a style of basketball as has ever been seen at the University of Tennessee. I can't wait to see Tennessee basketball 2014-15. Here are a couple of links to give you some insight into the Kansas "Fist" offense and the Louisville "Matchup Zone" defense. Add the full court press, and Presto, Chango! watch out for the Volunteers!
X’s & O’s of Basketball: Breaking Down the Kansas Ball Screening Fist Offense
Basketball Defense - Match-up Zone Defense, Coach's Clipboard Playbook
:hi:

Reactions: 3 people
Time will tell but he appears to be a solid hire. Don't know if comparing your offense to Kansas and defense to Louisville is a good idea...not yet anyway.

I think Tyndall will work out fine as long as he has the talent to put on the floor.

His offense should attract shooters and his defense should attract speed. Really excited for this hire.

Time will tell but he appears to be a solid hire. Don't know if comparing your offense to Kansas and defense to Louisville is a good idea...not yet anyway.

Obviously we don't have the same type of players to run it, the point was the scheme is similar.

He doesn't play at the pace people want though. I thought people wanted games in the 80's? Not 60's and 70's? His teams average less than Martin's.

Reactions: 2 people
He doesn't play at the pace people want though. I thought people wanted games in the 80's? Not 60's and 70's? His teams average less than Martin's.

Most of his teams didn't have the talent Martin's did as well. That's the difference in what people are defining as over and under achieving.

College games dont get in the 80s anymore.

Most of his teams didn't have the talent Martin's did as well. That's the difference in what people are defining as over and under achieving.

Martin's MSU teams averaged more as well. In DT's eight years only three teams scored more than 70 per game. 24 teams averaged 80 points. Many in comparable conferences to USM and in USM's conference scored 80 including LT and White.

I think DT will do well. But his scoring is gonna be more like Martin's or worse. Not like early Pearl like people seem to think.

Martin avg's close to 80 pts in his wins this year. Near 60 in his losses. Many of those below 60 pt games were because we puckered up and played passive, standing around offense and had ****ty gameplans with no in game adjustments--aggies x2, at vandy against 6 players.... During the streak when he stopped coaching and holding his players back and let players play offense, we were scoring 80 by letting jrich attack (rather than earlier games where he had 2-3 shots and was benched) and getting the ball to Stokes with 20 seconds on the shot clock, vs 5 seconds like early in the year.

Reactions: 1 person
Martin avg's close to 80 pts in his wins this year. Near 60 in his losses. Many of those below 60 pt games were because we puckered up and played passive, standing around offense and had ****ty gameplans with no in game adjustments--aggies x2, at vandy against 6 players.... During the streak when he stopped coaching and holding his players back and let players play offense, we were scoring 80 by letting jrich attack (rather than earlier games where he had 2-3 shots and was benched) and getting the ball to Stokes with 20 seconds on the shot clock, vs 5 seconds like early in the year.

Or maybe they just missed a bunch of open shots like they did.

Somebody is behind the times. The poster who said teams don't score in the 80's anymore is exactly right.
Here are the team stats for points for 2013-14.
Southern Mississippi - 72.2
Tennessee - 72.1
Florida - 69.9
Connecticut - 71.8
There were only 17 teams out of 345 that averaged over 80 points a game!

Somebody is behind the times. The poster who said teams don't score in the 80's anymore is exactly right.
Tennessee - 72.1
Florida - 69.9
Connecticut - 71.8

Of the 17, do you know how many played in a major conf.?

Tennessee - 72.1
Florida - 69.9
Connecticut - 71.8

There are 24 teams that averaged more than 79.5 points. 37 more than 77.5. So plenty score about 80 a game or more.

You switched the scoring around. UT averaged 72.2 USM 72.1. His teams in 8 years have averaged more than 70 3 times. For his career its 68.5 ppg.

My point is his pace will be closer to Martin's or maybe slower. I think some think he has an exciting , fast paced O. That is not the case. Personally I don't care if they average 70 or 80 as long as they win. But people are fooling themselves if they think we are getting some offensive guru and its gonna be way more fun to watch.

VN Store

Back