Southern Miss -71, Missouri -63

SeniorDrill

Southern Miss and Donnie Tyndall beat Missouri 71-63 in second round of NIT this year. Just a nice tidbit!

It's all about styles/match ups.. I think I'll like CDT's style of play better, and I think it'll have a lot of SEC coaches sweating.

Watch the game at ESPN3 Replay. Interesting. We have some players that will fit this system. Every time Mizzou closed the gap USM would push it out to a 7-10 pt cushion.

The NIT is like a lower-tier bowl game--it's more about which team wants to be there than which team is better.

Reactions: 1 person
You ain't gonna believe this. Donnie Tyndall runs the match up zone defense as much as Martin did the man-to-man. Been watching the Southern Miss-Missouri replay and the announcers say it his primary defense and he has won a lot of games with it. I didn't watch the whole game but I wonder if he ever went to the man-to-man. Before this game, Missouri had not lost to a non-conference team at home since 2005.

You ain't gonna believe this. Donnie Tyndall runs the match up zone defense as much as Martin did the man-to-man. Been watching the Southern Miss-Missouri replay and the announcers say it his primary defense and he has won a lot of games with it. I didn't watch the whole game but I wonder if he ever went to the man-to-man. Before this game, Missouri had not lost to a non-conference team at home since 2005.

He said today they press off every made basket and fall back into an aggressive matchup zone.

VN Store

Back