First Impressions of Coach Donnie Tyndall

Volfan2012

I like the guy love the fact that he is gonna make teams work for baskets. He is gonna press them to the limit. I think we may have another guy for Michigan that will be a winner for us. :)

Reactions: 9 people
Guy seems like he is ready to go to work. I like it. Hope he can unite the fan base and gives people no other choice but to support him and the team. He needs to land 1 good head hunter recruiter and then get the team ready to surprise some folks this next season. Go get em coach!

Reactions: 3 people
Like I posted in another thread, I think he represented himself well during the press conference. Obviously, that is no indication of whether or not he can be successful here.

One thing though, and I'm nitpicking here, but I watched his introductory press conference from two years ago at Southern Miss and he gave mostly the exact same speech. That's to be expected though, I suppose.

Guy seems like he is ready to go to work. I like it. Hope he can unite the fan base and gives people no other choice but to support him and the team. He needs to land 1 good head hunter recruiter and then get the team ready to surprise some folks this next season. Go get em coach!

I liked the way he talked about a staff of young, aggressive recruiters. I'm curious about the other potential assistants he plans to speak to this week.

Reactions: 4 people
I can't wait to see our guys jump in a press after made baskets while momentum is on our side instead of calling a damn timeout.

Pretty much sums up this whole ordeal for me.

Later, rednecks.

Reactions: 17 people
I think he said the right things. He embraced the current team, fans, knoxville and talked about his work ethic. Obviously, we need to see the product on the court, but right now I have to say I am impressed and on board.

Reactions: 1 person
Like I posted in another thread, I think he represented himself well during the press conference. Obviously, that is no indication of whether or not he can be successful here.

One thing though, and I'm nitpicking here, but I watched his introductory press conference from two years ago at Southern Miss and he gave mostly the exact same speech. That's to be expected though, I suppose.

That's why I don't put much stock into them. Everyone is happy, everyone is where they want to be and the best place on earth, and he's THE GUY the AD wanted.

I liked his first press conference! Only issue is he needs to learn how to pronounce Vols! It's not Vols, it's Vawls!

He will get there! lol

In the press conference at time 22:45 "there is a guy or 2 he may try to hire" in the context he was talking Nashville area. So who could he be talking about?

Seems to say all the right things. Hope he has much success here.

Most important thing to me: When his team needs a score (dead ball, timeout, what ever the case) can he call a play a get a good look and shot at it. Martin was terrible at this. Coach K, Self, Williams, etc the great coaches can call a play when they need a basket and at least get the look they want. The last coach frustrated me so much out of a timeout or dead ball the play they ran was awful. I want a coach to knows basketball and can truly coach his players.

Like the move of going back to pressing,I like that in a team.Also the statement about divided fan base,let's start fixing that today.All aboard for the Vols or get off.

Reactions: 4 people

I watched both, also. Yes. He seemed nervous at times and I guess we forget that how we may have been in the significant life changing moments we experience in our lives.

He must have a million thoughts going through his brain and this hire is big for all of us. Would not be surprised to see him in his office on the phone or hitting the recruiting trail immediately.

Workaholic.

I think it would be something to endear to the fans is if he'd shoot a YouTube video where he walks into his office and Butch Jones, Holly Warlick, and Dave Serrano are all sitting in there and they've come to have an intervention with him on how he pronounces "Vols".

And this definitely wouldn't happen but add a scene where Bob Kesling walks in and Butch says "No...you get out!"

Reactions: 7 people

I didn't see his USM intro, but I doubt he used the term "destination job."

Does anybody know if Nicodemus will be with the program still? And in terms of the thread, I thought it was a good presser and I'm excited to see what his teams produce!

VN Store

Back