Go Vals!

i2amavol

But seriously, he seemed very comfortable in his new position - unlike Dooley, who appeared like a deer in headlights.:good!:

Reactions: 4 people
Caught that as well. Gonna have to give that guy a quick hillbilly education.

Reactions: 3 people
Noticed that too. I also expect someone to talk to him about referring to Neyland as the coliseum.

Seems like a good guy. He is our coach so I will be behind him.

I do wish the press conference showed his fiancé. He said that proves his recruiting strength.

Reactions: 1 person
He will be fine. It was the only problem I had with the whole presser.

Now, he's talked the talk. Time to walk the walk.

I will go on record that I think he will do well here.

Noticed that too. I also expect someone to talk to him about referring to Neyland as the coliseum.

I do wish the press conference showed his fiancé. He said that proves his recruiting strength.

Check my press conference thread. Someone posted her picture.

I didn't mind coliseum much. Hopefully we start slaying teams up in Neyland soon.

I like his energy and passion......don't miss the monotone voice. Not a slam to Cuonzo....but his talks were very boring.

Reactions: 1 person
Believe that's just a michippi draw.
One down. Impressive in front of the lights.

Check my press conference thread. Someone posted her picture.

Strong work as always Freak. If anyone wants to check its post #69 in the thread.

He does look to be a strong recruiter. I expect to hear Clay Travis talk of how he has out kicked his coverage.

Coach Mears was from OH and to the end of his his days Coach said Vols with pretty much the same flat A sound.

Of course he gave us Big Orange Country and the trademark orange jacket too.

I may sound like a nega vol here, but had the Basketvols not slept walked though three quarters of the season, we might not be here right now and CM would still be coaching. Maybe it didn't matter and cuonzo was leaving anyways. But who cares. What's done is done. With either coach, a decent tourney run every few years appears to be the ceiling. And I won't be expecting any more than that and am disappointed. With all of that said, maybe we should have just hired rick Byrd. At least he would know how to say the name of his team correctly.

Northern cities vowel shift. At work and on mobile so no link, but if you're unfamiliar it's a common Great Lakes trait

I may sound like a nega vol here, but had the Basketvols not slept walked though three quarters of the season, we might not be here right now and CM would still be coaching. Maybe it didn't matter and cuonzo was leaving anyways. But who cares. What's done is done. With either coach, a decent tourney run every few years appears to be the ceiling. And I won't be expecting any more than that and am disappointed. With all of that said, maybe we should have just hired rick Byrd. At least he would know how to say the name of his team correctly.

So you're saying that your expectations will always end up as disappointments. Makes sense :banghead2:

I dont see what's so wrong with him calling Neyland a coliseum......it does look like a roman coliseum. I guess people just like to find something to nag about.

Reactions: 2 people

VN Store

Back