Tyndall all the way

treedogvol

I would have maybe picked a couple over Tyndall but I don't get 1 million a year to play AD . But Tyndall might be a great hire for UT.

Reactions: 2 people
I think he's a better fit than White was. I like White's style of play, but Tyndall is similar to Bruce where he will market the UT brand. Really excited for CDT!

Well when you settle for third tier guys this is what you get. I'll support him from here on out but its definitely a disappointing hire. A bunch of years with no tourney success and only 3 years averaging more than 70 points.

you could bring in Phil Jackson next year and it's gonna be a difficult season. Gonzo saw the writing on the wall and his stock would have never been higher.

I think he's a better fit than White was. I like White's style of play, but Tyndall is similar to Bruce where he will market the UT brand. Really excited for CDT!

Ugh, I don't want to hear about a coach needing to sell UT or marketing a brand. You market or sell or whatever by winning. You think that Bo Ryan has been selling out Badger basketball games through his personality and playing style? No, he wins.

I am as well. So are you now going to change your name? There should be a reset button for those of us that pick names based on emotion. I picked my name the week of the 59-21 Florida blowout of 2006, needless to say he wasn't fired then.

Last edited:
Ugh, I don't want to hear about a coach needing to sell UT or marketing a brand. You market or sell or whatever by winning. You think that Bo Ryan has been selling out Badger basketball games through his personality and playing style? No, he wins.

Agree 100%. The only thing that really matters is W/L. I could care less if Tyndall didn't say a word to the media, fans, students, etc. if he's producing acceptable results.

Well when you settle for third tier guys this is what you get. I'll support him from here on out but its definitely a disappointing hire. A bunch of years with no tourney success and only 3 years averaging more than 70 points.

Have you read anything by his peers that was negative? Why disappointing? The man is a coach on the rise. All the comments have been positive in the media, and the ones that actually matter, like his peers. Typical VolNation.

Have you read anything by his peers that was negative? Why disappointing? The man is a coach on the rise. All the comments have been positive in the media, and the ones that actually matter, like his peers. Typical VolNation.

No one had anything negative to say about Dooley either. Relax on that.

Reactions: 1 person
I am as well. So are you now going to change your name? There should be a reset button for those of us that pick names based on emotion. I picked my name the week of the 59-21 blowout of 2006, needless to say he wasn't fired then.

I'll keep it. I was dumb enough to make it so I'll be man enough to keep it lol...I'm getting my tattoo removed next week though :)

What did I say that was wrong? Was he not on about the third tier? He wasn't on the Marshall, Smart level. So what second tier at best. The contacted about ten people before him. His teams average 68 points. He is ok and I will support him but its no home run. People also talked up Dooley.

You should be used to it by now, I certainly am. I knew from the start these guys like Marshall were not really on the list.

What did I say that was wrong? Was he not on about the third tier? He wasn't on the Marshall, Smart level. So what second tier at best. The contacted about ten people before him. His teams average 68 points. He is ok and I will support him but its no home run. People also talked up Dooley.

They contacted 10 people before him? Proof? As always VolNation making things up.

SOS Please drop the crap and get with the program, at least for a couple of ears. Anyone can be a decenter, but it take just a little faith to be an asset. Try it. You might like it.

Reactions: 1 person

I hate when Georgia, Bama, and Vandy fans pose as Tennessee fans. However, you can smell them from a mile away.

I give up. Ignore button is now on. :hi:

you could bring in Phil Jackson next year and it's gonna be a difficult season. Gonzo saw the writing on the wall and his stock would have never been higher.

Some of you guys kill me with this BS that Cuonzo bolted because of something he created. Even some of the dolts in the press have latched on to this theory. Roster flipping is not a new phenomenom. It happens. Ask coach Cal up at Kin-tucky. You deal with it. Cuonzo was not afraid of that. Zo probably felt like he got bent over the desk. But here's a showstopper. If a coach sucks, why would other teams be interested in him? Hmmmm.

I understand this sentiment. When Hart says UT is an attractive job it makes one feel like maybe a tier 1 candidate might be interested. In some respects I bought the "attractive" job bit because the program is "clean", no NCAA cloud, APR is good, no negative player issues. However, we lost a lot of production, couple that with all the negativity, maybe that negates the positives.

Spending three or four days trying to hire a really inexperienced coach, only to get turned down, doesn't help me feel any better about Hart, but I can't take that out on the new coach.

He's the traditional "wait and see" hire that I have grown accustomed to as a life long Vol fan. All this guy did was accept the job, money and expectations that come with it. I hope for his sake he makes good.

VN Store

Back