Tyndall PR

Carlitovol

::Straight cash homey::
I'm cautiously optimistic about this hire.. Obviously there have been many comparisons to Pearl.. The more I read about Tyndall, the more I like the way he interacts/engages with the fans (in particular the students). Seems like he's completely the opposite of CCM.

For example, he bought 1,000 students' tickets on his own dime for USM's first round NIT game against Charleston Southern last month. That's a really cool gesture, and goes a long way to show the students that he needs their full support in order to be successful.

Also, in the post-game presser below he talks about how he went around to all the frats and sororities prior to the season to try to generate interest and excitement among the student body.

Another interesting tidbit from this presser is that he talks about not being bothered by football being the "king" sport at a school (i.e. LSU and USM). In fact, he said he looks at it as an advantage - because when you have other successful sports in a program, you can feed off that energy/passion and transfer it to the b-ball program.

Disclaimer: I understand that all this doesn't mean anything if he doesn't win; but if nothing else, I think there will be much more enthusiasm, passion and energy from the fan base (at least in the near term).

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/v/Qf2SyCVYu9Q[/youtube]

Donnie Tyndall to Purchase 1,000 Student Tickets for Wednesday's NIT First Round Opener - SOUTHERNMISS.COM - The Southern Miss Golden Eagles Official Athletic Site

Reactions: 2 people
Sounds like what Pearl did that one time...He bought a bunch of pizzas for students who were waiting for a long time in line at TBA...Stuff like that endears you to the fan base and they will root hard for you and back you 100% if you show you are on their level.

Reactions: 1 person
A lot of 5 stars down there on the Morehead St roster?

Morehead is up there in Eastern Kentucky, he was coaching at USM.

His eyes worked good enough to spot Kenneth Farhid from out of no where and to watch Farhid become a first round NBA pick that is averaging 14/9 for the Nuggets right now.

Sounds like what Pearl did that one time...He bought a bunch of pizzas for students who were waiting for a long time in line at TBA...Stuff like that endears you to the fan base and they will root hard for you and back you 100% if you show you are on their level.

He did it for the Aubarn students too so don't feel too special lol.

I was there, and I ate the pizza. It was a nice gesture, but it was cheap and easy. Let's not act like it was a Ghandi move.

Never heard of this guy. Sorry, I don't live and breathe hoops, and I feel a little snake bit. Is he gonna be good for us or is he waiting for the next better gig to come his way?

I was there, and I ate the pizza. It was a nice gesture, but it was cheap and easy. Let's not act like it was a Ghandi move.

Did they install that dislike button yet? Never mind, you go ahead and stare down that horse's throat :huh:

Never heard of this guy. Sorry, I don't live and breathe hoops, and I feel a little snake bit. Is he gonna be good for us or is he waiting for the next better gig to come his way?

Well he called Tennessee a "destination job" and indicated he wanted to be here for a long time, so I don't think he's eyeing to leave anytime soon. :eek:k:

VN Store

Back