What does Tyndall need to say at the presser?

UTGnome

Nair
Should he address his previous NCAA infractions? Will an uptempo offense and pressing defense be enough?

If he paints his chest, will anyone pay attention?

I can't imagine there'd be any reason to bring up the infractions.

I'm sure it'll be about how he's waited for an opportunity for a job at this level. How he's going to work hard. How his kids will graduate. Etc. Etc. Etc.

The recruiting trail and court is where he needs to win. I'm not concerned about the presser.

Reactions: 2 people
"I'm happy to be a Vol".

(Does a lil robot dance).

(Gives Dave Hart a high 5).

(Starts to high 5 Cheek, leaves him hangin).

"Now I gotta start recruiting".

(Walks Out).

Media looks perplexed.

Reactions: 22 people
Doesn't matter. He could promise to hire an NBA staff and then hire some high schoolers and most people will still be on board and preach patience for the next 3 years.

Volnation is easily swayed by press conferences, no matter what is actually said.

Reactions: 5 people
He needs first to get with CBJ about how to address every concern of the fanbase in one paragraph.

The major 5 questions will be...

1. What will be you first move as the new head coach?

2. Why do you think you deserve the UT Head coaching job?

3. Do the fans scare you?

4. Can you recruit?

5. How will you recruit?

Doesn't matter. He could promise to hire an NBA staff and then hire some high schoolers and most people will still be on board and preach patience for the next 3 years.

Volnation is easily swayed by press conferences, no matter what is actually said.

I guess I fall into that group. I'll always support the new guy till he proves he can't get it done. Most on here know I was the poster boy for "Fire Dooley Now" for about 12 months before he was finally canned. I guess I just don't see the point in crying about a hire once it's made. Either support the guy and the programs or find another university to root for.

Reactions: 7 people
He needs to talk about being tough and not skipping town when things get rough when he's faced with a little criticism.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 people
I'd say; "if anyone starts a petition to run me outta here halfway through year 3, I'll save you the trouble and leave now. Give me your time, give me your patience, I'll build a winner."

I'm going to need 2 rooms for all my b***hes...

oh sorry,wrong coaching search....I had a Gruden flashback...

Reactions: 1 person
I guess I fall into that group. I'll always support the new guy till he proves he can't get it done. Most on here know I was the poster boy for "Fire Dooley Now" for about 12 months before he was finally canned. I guess I just don't see the point in crying about a hire once it's made. Either support the guy and the programs or find another university to root for.

Amen! I wasn't Cuonzo's biggest fan this past season, but I always supported the team. I do not know much about Tyndall, but he has a solid W-L record at a decent mid major and a better resume than his predecessor.

The main question will be can he recruit at a high level for a deep roster. Cuonzo could not. Recruiting covers a lot of iniquities. And being a good in-game coach.

Almost nothing is ever actually said, If you listen closely.

Amen! I wasn't Cuonzo's biggest fan this past season, but I always supported the team. I do not know much about Tyndall, but he has a solid W-L record at a decent mid major and a better resume than his predecessor.

The main question will be can he recruit at a high level for a deep roster. Cuonzo could not. Recruiting covers a lot of iniquities. And being a good in-game coach.

Recruiting covers iniquities? Wut?

Reactions: 1 person
I want to hear his message board plan....how he'll use the collective wisdom of this place to win championships.

OTOH, if Tyndall professes not to pay attention to message boards....well, that would be bad, wouldn't it..

He needs to talk about being tough and not skipping town when things get rough and he's faced with a little criticism.

Perhaps he will paraphrase your post. "I realize we have a psychotic fan base and I can deal with it."

VN Store

Back