All coaches do it!

If I were S. Miss I'd not release them to Tennessee, or probably not release them at all to be honest.

But I take that with huge grains of salt. The local guys were in the dark on this one. I don't trust that the suddenly have that much insight a few hours after this news broke.

I think some were upset because the guy committed and then martin leaves next day. Martin could have easily said lets wait a week to announce. Why let the kid announce when you know you are leaving the next day? To be a jackass...

Reactions: 1 person
If a coach can leave at any time, an athlete should be allowed the same freedom. You don't see kids on academic scholarships having the same transfer restrictions put on them.

Looking at their 2014 recruits, 4 out of 6 are JC transfers. The big guy, 6-9 Avila, was committed to Oklahoma last year but couldn't meet eligibility requirements. The rest look to be meh.

I also hope this was an aberration and Tyndall isn't a big JC transfer guy. One or two every now and then is fine, but the bulk of a class is problematic.

Why oh why do we hire down? CDT looks like the Pillsbury dough boy?

giphy.gif

Looking at their 2014 recruits, 4 out of 6 are JC transfers. The big guy, 6-9 Avila, was committed to Oklahoma last year but couldn't meet eligibility requirements. The rest look to be meh.

I also hope this was an aberration and Tyndall isn't a big JC transfer guy. One or two every now and then is fine, but the bulk of a class is problematic.

More than likely that's how you have to recruit at So. Miss. until you get the program going. There should be enough established at UT that he wouldn't do that. But the cubbert isn't quite full at the moment. One or two could come in handy right now. Only if they are a good fit. And not prospects. Need established Jucos if any at all.

For all of you bashing CCM for taking a recruit with him then read this:

https://tennessee.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1633921

Is CDT a bad guy? NO! It's the nature of the beast. Players want to play for a coach not a school. Although I think it's less influential in football than basketball.:rock:

I didn't think CCM was getting bashed for poaching recruits, I thought he was getting bashed for doing something he himself said he would not do.

It's one thing to be above a certain behavior and quite another to pretend.

VN Store

Back