Tyndall should hire Drew Maddux

madbamahater

Hart just may have hit a home run with Tyndall. I think he is a very solid choice and there are a few bonuses about him. He has ties locally which could help recruiting particularly in state. He coached at MTSU and Morehead State. One of his former fellow coaches is head coach at Blackman High School and has done a really nice job. Tyndall needs to do like Butch and make the state high schools number one again. Drew Maddux is probably the most important of these local coaches and has done phenomenally at CPA and with the all important AAU circuit. In fact, if I were Tyndall, I would bring Maddux on board.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people
Lets hope he can pull a few guys from Memphis. Honestly I hope he can keep this class here together. Also hope this hire is enough to keep Hubbs around.

DM would make an excellent assistant. He will be a head coach some day. It would piss Vandie off too. That's always a big bonus. DM has all kinds of AAU connections. His CPA program has turned into a small college almost.

Hart just may have hit a home run with Tyndall. I think he is a very solid choice and there are a few bonuses about him. He has ties locally which could help recruiting particularly in state. He coached at MTSU and Morehead State. One of his former fellow coaches is head coach at Blackman High School and has done a really nice job. Tyndall needs to do like Butch and make the state high schools number one again. Drew Maddox is probably the most important of these local coaches and has done phenomenally at CPA and with the all important AAU circuit. In fact, if I were Tyndall, I would bring Maddux on board.

This is a great point, he'd be a great hire. However, the people I know at CPA think he'll hang around CPA til he replaces Stallings at Vanderbilt one day.

if it happens I hope Vandy revokes his CFL status for being a traitor

Man, I remember him and Ron Mercer at Goodpasture. They were quite a pair. I still wish we could've landed Mercer

Last edited:
This is a great point, he'd be a great hire. However, the people I know at CPA think he'll hang around CPA til he replaces Stallings at Vanderbilt one day.

People at CPA honestly believe Vandy will hire a head coach of an SEC basketball team straight out of high school with no college coaching experience? That's ridiculous. If that is the job Maddux really does want down the road, then he knows he has to get some college coaching experience before he has a good shot at getting that job.

Reactions: 1 person
if it happens I hope Vandy revokes his CFL status for being a traitor

I don't think there are any CFL's... who would want to be that? I think even Commodore Vanderbilt decided to become a Admiral after being a Commodore for a while...

Would certainly help with Braxton Blackwell

Rumor has it that Blackwell is leaving after the school year. He has family in the ACC and that's where he want to go. He is a beast though and I would give part of your anatomy if we could get him.

He has a great state to recruit in. TN produces some real quality players. If he can get ties (or assistants) in good areas TN should be recruiting really well.

Hart just may have hit a home run with Tyndall. I think he is a very solid choice and there are a few bonuses about him. He has ties locally which could help recruiting particularly in state. He coached at MTSU and Morehead State. One of his former fellow coaches is head coach at Blackman High School and has done a really nice job. Tyndall needs to do like Butch and make the state high schools number one again. Drew Maddux is probably the most important of these local coaches and has done phenomenally at CPA and with the all important AAU circuit. In fact, if I were Tyndall, I would bring Maddux on board.

Does Maddux have kids at CPA? Wonder how the pay compares from being a high school head coach versus a college assistant. If he does want to get into college coaching, I agree with the poster above that he needs to get experience as an assistant now.

Maddux is gonna get a shot eventually, if you can convince him to take one of those lesser jobs like video coordinator or something do it. He's not proven enough, and 1 possible recruit 2 years from now isn't enough to make him an assistant IMO.

DM would be the best thing for UT basketball after hiring Donnie. After the presser today Donnie should get on a boosters plane bound for BNA, get picked up at the airport by another booster, driven to CPA and show Drew "da money".

Does Maddux have kids at CPA? Wonder how the pay compares from being a high school head coach versus a college assistant. If he does want to get into college coaching, I agree with the poster above that he needs to get experience as an assistant now.

I would suspect that Maddux is earning somewhere between 40-50k a year at CPA. That is just a guess. I think he has a business though that services the AAU circuit (could be wrong. not sure if he's making any money). I believe he comes from money. But, no where in range that a d1 assistant earns.

Maddux is gonna get a shot eventually, if you can convince him to take one of those lesser jobs like video coordinator or something do it. He's not proven enough, and 1 possible recruit 2 years from now isn't enough to make him an assistant IMO.

In due respect, I think you are wrong!! He would a great candidiate and he is more than qualified. He is well respected and connected in the AAU circuit and has had tons of success on the high school level. A "video coordinator" job would be waaay beneath him. He is viewed by many as a very legit future candidate at the college level. An assistant coaching job would be the perfect gig for him.

Reactions: 1 person
In due respect, I think you are wrong!! He would a great candidiate and he is more than qualified. He is well respected and connected in the AAU circuit and has had tons of success on the high school level. A "video coordinator" job would be waaay beneath him. He is viewed by many as a very legit future candidate at the college level. An assistant coaching job would be the perfect gig for him.

You gotta start somewhere. High school coach to high major assistant is a big leap, maybe smaller level d1 like a Belmont or something then work his way up.

People at CPA honestly believe Vandy will hire a head coach of an SEC basketball team straight out of high school with no college coaching experience? That's ridiculous. If that is the job Maddux really does want down the road, then he knows he has to get some college coaching experience before he has a good shot at getting that job.

It's a stretch yes, but they love him at CPA and I've heard a couple express their fear that he'll leave them for Vandy when Stallings goes. Tifwiw.

DM would make an excellent assistant. He will be a head coach some day. It would piss Vandie off too. That's always a big bonus. DM has all kinds of AAU connections. His CPA program has turned into a small college almost.

Isn't he all kinds of Vandy too though?

VN Store

Back