Starting 5 next year under Tyndall

omghulkhands

Tyndall's teams force lots of turnovers and make use of the press quite often. I think our backcourt length and frontcourt athleticism and speed should make this a rather effective gimmick strategy that can help this undermanned team succeed.

Here is a projection of what the starting 5 would look like:

PG- Thompson (He showed the ability to force turnovers and is a very long armed player. Thompson showed flashes of amazing passing abilities, but didn't show much urgency at times or a killer instinct which he needs to develop)

SG- Hubbs (We didn't see a lot of Hubbs and what we did see is hard to make a judgment on because of his injury. He was a 5 star player whose main strength coming out was putting the ball on the floor and attacking the rim in different ways with a nice skill set)

SF- Richardson (Not much that needs to be said here. He should thrive as a defender in a system like Tyndall's. He is our best player and it isn't even close and will likely be pre-season all SEC)

PF - Moore (This spot is up for contention, but I think our team will need to play small ball and Moore plays with a lot of heart and hustle and should fit well into Tyndall's system. Moore should wreak havoc in a full court press)

C/PF - ???? (Someone will need to step up and claim this spot. We could see Davis, Pops or someone new come in this role which will likely be the weak link to the team)

Last edited:
It may be pre mature but thank you for moving on and not complaining. He's our coach now. Let's get behind him. He's a winner. Nobody was high on Butch at first but so far so good with him. Give the guy a chance and quit calling for Harts head

Reactions: 14 people
It may be pre mature but thank you for moving on and not complaining. He's our coach now. Let's get behind him. He's a winner. Nobody was high on Butch at first but so far so good with him. Give the guy a chance and quit calling for Harts head

I would give this a 100 likes if I could... I'm actually optimistic as long as we can get an athletic big man... I don't know much about Cofer...

I also don't think you will see guys like Hubbs or Richardson leave as has been rumored as a possibility because Tyndall has the type of big personality that players should gravitate towards.

"This Butch Jones guy has a decent resume...BUT CAN HE RECRUIT IN THE SEC??"

-Every person on this board, about a year and a half ago

Reactions: 2 people
Tyndall's offenses rely on good passing and driving the ball inside to either kick out for a 3 or to get to the line. Hubbs/Richardson will both be very important.

Reactions: 1 person
ignorant question, but how different is Tyndall's style of play from Martin's? which style is our current roster more suited to?

I see it this way.

Pg-Austin
SG-Hubbs
SF-Richardon
PF-Reese
C-Turman

Last edited:
ignorant question, but how different is Tyndall's style of play from Martin's? which style is our current roster more suited to?

I've seen him play a few different styles,depending on his personnel...he can run and press like Bruce did his 1st 3 years or drive to the basket and kick out for 3's,then turn around and full court press or half court trap... you haven't seen this style in 5 years at UT...

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back