Cuonzo Martin named men's coach of the year at Volscars

Freak

VolNation's Grand Poobah
Staff member
Really people?

Josh_Ward: Mon 08:03pm Tennessee chose Cuonzo Martin as Men's Coach of the Year at the Volscars event tonight. He wasn't there to accept the award.

Reactions: 6 people
WTH is Volscars? Are these like the little toy cars that the Shriners drive in parades? A little context would be useful here. :hi:

eta: Oh. Volscars, like the Oscars. m-kay. * rolls eyes *

Last edited:
This just in: The Volscars belated football coach of the year award goes to Derek Doo...

Volscars must be comprised of the most stupid of the stupid posters here.

Martin did not even have the class to tell his players goodbye.

If true, any award he got is an insult to all the men's coaching we have, and anyone getting an award from this bunch must surely be embarrassed.

Volscars must be comprised of the most stupid of the stupid posters here.

Martin did not even have the class to tell his players goodbye.

If true, any award he got is an insult to all the men's coaching we have, and anyone getting an award from this bunch must surely be embarrassed.

Best I can tell, UT student athletes would make up the largest portion of voters...so...wanna rethink? Or Maybe it's just decided on the guy that had the best year...easily the guy that got to the sweet 16.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
Best I can tell, UT student athletes would make up the largest portion of voters...so...wanna rethink? Or Maybe it's just decided on the guy that had the best year...easily the guy that got to the sweet 16.

Maybe they were swayed by all the media and comments of people trying to make his leaving more than it was.

Take away the last 3 games, and the body of work was lacking. He lucked out by a team which decided to play because he never looked like he was excited about being here. Even as a Vol fan who admits to wearing the orange colored glasses, it was hard for me to listen to him because he was boring.

Those last games gave him the opportunity he was looking for - to get out of town.

If he had not won the last 3 games...his butt would have been fired

Wah wah wah, but he won them. And I seem to recall several posters on here swearing on their lives that Martin wouldn't make the tournament without winning the SECT. Boy were they wrong. You have no proof whatsoever that he would've been fired, so why make yourself look even dumber?

VN Store

Back