Why is everyone so down on Tyndall?

TeazyT

Where's Rommel?
Is it just because he's our second choice? Everyone seemed to be so high on White when in reality Tyndall is exactly the same (or better) than White based on track records.

What White has going for him is: he is younger and plays a faster pace game. Also has more recent SEC experience than Tyndall.

Tyndall outdoes White in the fact that: He has made the NCAA tournament and has won a game (White has not even made an appearance), has shown improvement in record at EVERY SINGLE SEASON at both schools he has worked at, knows the Middle TN area well from working at MTSU, and we don't have to worry about him bolting for another school like with White.

I was a big advocate of White coming, but the more I read about Tyndall, the more I like this guy. So. Miss supporters have nothing but good things to say about him and he has almost an identical record as White (even went 2-1 against White head-to-head for what it's worth)

I just don't get why everyone was on the White bandwagon and now it's all doom and gloom about a much more proven coach in Tyndall?

Reactions: 15 people
Cause Hart wants to go after all these mid major coaches whose name you have to google instead of going after well known coaches whose had success everywhere he's been.

Reactions: 9 people
You couldn't post this in one of the other threads do yall get off on make new threads about the same thing

Cause Hart wants to go after all these mid major coaches whose name you have to google instead of going after well known coaches whose had success everywhere he's been.

None of the big time coaches want to come here. You people need to get that through your thick skulls. We got turned down by La. Tech's coach. Let that sink in. He makes 500k. You really think a big name would come here when he wouldn't?

Reactions: 19 people
Because these people want Bruce Pearl, Bill Self, Roy Williams, etc. type hires. They have no serious understanding of where Tennessee stands in the college basketball world, especially after running off an admittedly underwhelming yet still respected coach in Cuonzo.

Tyndall is a good coach and would probably be a good hire. It just won't create the level of enthusiasm around the program that most are looking for.

Reactions: 18 people
we need another guy like him (Pearlesque), very energetic, sells the program, etc. The fans will definitely get behind another coach like this

Reactions: 1 person

IMO Hart has no choice with the situation Hammy left us in. Cant afford to go after these big names like Shaka and Marshall due to the chokehold Hamilton put us in.

Gone but not forgotten, Hamilton

Reactions: 8 people
can I be honest? Because he looks a little awkward, is one reason. People won't admit it, but I think its a reason. His track record is solid and his style is something UT fans seem to like. He kindof looks like a womens basketball coach. just sayin. Like the one Vandy or somebody used to have, with a mix of Terry Bowden, who I wouldn't want because I think Terry with a wig looks like a woman.

Reactions: 3 people
I think it is because they are emotional and can't handle the national backlash we are facing. In the end when we are still going to the NCAA tournament most years we will be the ones laughing.

I had to listen to South Carolina radio today bashing OUR basketball program...I wanted to smash my car into a tree, but I remembered that in a couple years when we beat them for the 9th year in a row I will still be smiling and laughing at them.

Everyone needs to think big picture and calm down.

can I be honest? Because he looks a little awkward, is one reason. People won't admit it, but I think its a reason. His track record is solid and his style is something UT fans seem to like. He kindof looks like a womens basketball coach. just sayin. Like the one Vandy or somebody used to have, with a mix of Terry Bowden, who I wouldn't want because I think Terry with a wig looks like a woman.

If thats the reason,lord help this fan base... you can put Quasimoto in an orange blazer,as long as he wins,I don't care...

Welcome....

Here's the thing. In the football search, people complained because we were shot down by strong and played by gundy. But if you look at it, all 3 candidates were worthy of the job.

This search feels different. Hart went out and tried to hire a bargain coach but didn't even come with enough money to lure him.

It reminds me of my grandmother insulting people at yard sales by trying to haggle over an item they have priced for 50¢. Just pay 50¢ granny!

None of the big time coaches want to come here. You people need to get that through your thick skulls. We got turned down by La. Tech's coach. Let that sink in. He makes 500k. You really think a big name would come here when he wouldn't?

You have to get it through your thick skull is that the big name coaches WANT to come here...But the school does not want to pay them what they are demanding...So they go after coaches who make a little money and give them their big break into big time college basketball...I will bet anybody on this board that if Hart went to Marshall right now and said we'll pay you 3 mill a year to coach Tennessee he would be on the first plane out of kansas.

Reactions: 4 people

Good post Sparty. LOL. Lots of truth in it.

I think it is because they are emotional and can't handle the national backlash we are facing. In the end when we are still going to the NCAA tournament most years we will be the ones laughing.

I had to listen to South Carolina radio today bashing OUR basketball program...I wanted to smash my car into a tree, but I remembered that in a couple years when we beat them for the 9th year in a row I will still be smiling and laughing at them.

Everyone needs to think big picture and calm down.

I think you just perfectly explained why everyone is down. For the last decade Tennessee has been a top 3 SEC program, top 5 at worst.

In the last couple years we have watched South Carolina go out and spend big money to get a proven coach ok Frank Martin. This year Auburn went out and paid over $2m for Bruce Pearl.

Now we lose our coach. You don't make the right hire and next thing you know we go from being a top 5 SEC team, who has beaten South Carolina 9 straight years, to being the 5-10th best team hoping for that 1 good year every 4 or 5 where we might make the NCAAT.

Reactions: 1 person
Here's the thing. In the football search, people complained because we were shot down by strong and played by gundy. But if you look at it, all 3 candidates were worthy of the job.

This search feels different. Hart went out and tried to hire a bargain coach but didn't even come with enough money to lure him.

It reminds me of my grandmother insulting people at yard sales by trying to haggle over an item they have priced for 50¢. Just pay 50¢ granny!

Lol well said

T Bowden with a wig looks like........now that is simply weird

He looks awkward, but someone put up a pic of him with Jones and Serrano and honestly he looked like he fit right in (no neck brothers).

Martin was probably the best looking coach we've had in a while.

tumblr_inline_mmf9i8khO51qz4rgp.gif

My anger is more directed at an ineffective and egotistical AD than it is at Tyndall himself. Tyndall is just the result.

It is also the inconsistencies. Tyndall left Morehead amidst major NCAA violations. But we won't take a call from Howland?

Reactions: 2 people

VN Store

Back