So, our first choice(s) have said no

secking

Since White apparently has now said thanks but no thanks and the 'big' names showed little interest just remember this...

Butch wasn't among our first choices either...and that ended up being a good thing. Perhaps Karma is starting to smile on Tn after all...

Reactions: 1 person
It's meant to be-hire Rick Byrd. He's a great coach and he's a Tennessee man. I want a coach that wants to be the coach at Tennessee! He will still be winning big games for us in 2020. It makes since. Hire Rick Byrd!

Reactions: 2 people
It's meant to be-hire Rick Byrd. He's a great coach and he's a Tennessee man. I want a coach that wants to be the coach at Tennessee! He will still be winning big games for us in 2020. It makes since. Hire Rick Byrd!

Why hasn't he left Belmont? Personal reasons? I say sign him up

Here is an article that just popped up...
NASHVILLE — Rick Byrd admits there were times he dearly wanted to be Tennessee's men's basketball coach.

Tennessee is his alma mater, where he began his coaching career and the place he tagged along as a kid to Vols practices and games with his dad Ben Byrd, who was the sports editor of the Knoxville Journal.

Belmont's Rick Byrd doesn't see Tennessee dream coming true

Since White apparently has now said thanks but no thanks and the 'big' names showed little interest just remember this...

Butch wasn't among our first choices either...and that ended up being a good thing. Perhaps Karma is starting to smile on Tn after all...
Using that train of thought maybe Butch can coach hoops too.

heck no!!!! rick byrd is too old Aand mediocre, we need a young African American coach who can recruit and has a plan just like Coach Martin! GO VOLS!

Reactions: 3 people
Maybe they have been told they were a finalist but not selected and allowed to take their name out of the running. Like Counzo was at Marquette.

Let's see how this shakes out.

Maybe they have been told they were a finalist but not selected and allowed to take their name out of the running. Like Counzo was at Marquette.

Let's see how this shakes out.

I think White had an offer on the table.

Butch has had one 5-7 season and a good recruiting class to follow. We don't know about him really yet.. They aimed low with White which seems to be a staple of this administration. I don't know why you wouldn't give Rick Byrd a call. We do it on the cheap anyway. Might as well keep it up..

Reactions: 4 people
This is so sad. We are suppose to compete with Alabama in football and Kentucky in basketball, yet we will not spend the money like they do. We just have to hope to get lucky.

Reactions: 3 people
This is so sad. We are suppose to compete with Alabama in football and Kentucky in basketball, yet we will not spend the money like they do. We just have to hope to get lucky.
Yep.. They want to be first rate while running it like a 3rd rate Brothel.. If anyone wants to know what happened to UT athletics just look at how they make hires. Says everything you need to know.. They're just cheap, but make sure you make your donation while they sell you that false hope..

Reactions: 6 people

Heard that CCM's new contract would have put him at like 9th in the SEC. Heard on the radio that we want top 1-3 results in the SEC but pay like 7-9th in the league. That's just who we are as an institution and we, as fans, expect top results.

no one wants to be involved with cheek,,,fanbase is friggin nuts, in a bad way, and looks like hart is a piss poor ad

heck no!!!! rick byrd is too old Aand mediocre, we need a young African American coach who can recruit and has a plan just like Coach Martin! GO VOLS!

Byrd is a great coach, and the last 2 african-Americans who coached at UT were not HOF coaches,,,your post-FAIL

Byrd is a better X and O's Coach than anyone we are pursuing... He just isn't a good hire for Dave Hart to hang his hat on. It doesn't look good on his resume.

Yep.. They want to be first rate while running it like a 3rd rate Brothel.. If anyone wants to know what happened to UT athletics just look at how they make hires. Says everything you need to know.. They're just cheap, but make sure you make your donation while they sell you that false hope..

I totally agree. It is the fleecing of the Big Orange Fans that makes me so mad. They expect the fans to pay out money like drunk Indians but give them a low budget product in return. I just wish one time they would show a little commitment to do what it takes to get the job done.

Not many schools if any compete on the same level as Alabama football and Kentucky basketball (at the same time). Alabama is a football school first, Kentucky is basketball first, UConn is a basketball school. We can win with a 1.5 million a year coach. Just because you pay more doesn't guarantee you anything.

Byrd has already said he isn't coaching much longer and doesn't see himself uprooting at this point in his career

Byrd has already said he isn't coaching much longer and doesn't see himself uprooting at this point in his career

I get UT might be his dream, but would he want to take on this? He's been at Belmont forever, and will keep that job as long as he wants.

Dealing with UT fans will be nothing like he dealt with at a place like Belmont.

I have no idea, but I can say this...MONEY SPEAKS VOLUMES and at this point I believe that UT is not wanting to spend the money, which is sad. UT has a passionate basketball fan base, feed it don't kill it! Is it time for a fire the administration petition?

VN Store

Back