Our AD/Administration likes slapping around this fanbase!

UTVolWarrior98

Well guys, it looks like we are on our way towards another revolving-door, cheap hire in Michael White! MICHAEL WHITE???!!!! WHOOOOOOOOOO in the hell is Michael White?! I didn't even know LA Tech had a basketball program! lol Here I was fretting over getting a Rick Byrd or a Pitino Jr type coach...those guys are looking like top notch coaches now. Why does our beloved school ALWAAAAAAYS settle for the bottom-of-the-barrel hires?! We cant do any better than Michael White?! I knew we'd screw this hire up. Our AD is cheap. We have the money to get a much bigger name here...total disgrace Im sorry. Just another slap in the face to our fanbase that DESERVES BETTER.:cray:

Reactions: 4 people
It is obvious that the UTAD talks the talk and refuses to walk the talk. They are not serious about a commitment to excellence in the UT basketball program.

Reactions: 6 people
Well guys, it looks like we are on our way towards another revolving-door, cheap hire in Michael White! MICHAEL WHITE???!!!! WHOOOOOOOOOO in the hell is Michael White?! I didn't even know LA Tech had a basketball program! lol Here I was fretting over getting a Rick Byrd or a Pitino Jr type coach...those guys are looking like top notch coaches now. Why does our beloved school ALWAAAAAAYS settle for the bottom-of-the-barrel hires?! We cant do any better than Michael White?! I knew we'd screw this hire up. Our AD is cheap. We have the money to get a much bigger name here...total disgrace Im sorry. Just another slap in the face to our fanbase that DESERVES BETTER.:cray:

You didn't know LA Tech had a basketball program because you don't watch basketball. That clears that up. Don't build your argument on a subject about which you're ignorant.

Reactions: 17 people
Its like we all knew this crap hire was coming. Did any of you have the faith that we'd give all the haters a big orange ch itburger and hire a top notch, big-name coach? lol

I was actually being sarcastic and exaggerating. You can take your self-righteous attitude and stick it brotha...

Joke's on me. The all caps and excessive punctuation led me to believe that you didn't know what you were talking about. I see now that you were posting with extreme sarcasm and you do in fact like Michael White as a candidate. :thumbsup:

Reactions: 1 person

You really need a hug.........Damn

Can you really sit here and say that you'd be happy with this Michael White guy?? Be honest! lol If you don't think we can do better, than you are one of the many that accepts and tolerates mediocrity. THE DEFINING THEME OF THIS FANBASE.

UT hires on the cheap. always. The jury is out on CBJ, we may have gotten lucky.

UT will always hire on the cheap. You may love UT, but UT doesn't love you.

There is zero reason to ever believe in this administration. It is as if they are trying to make UT look bad.

Reactions: 6 people
I think that coaches in good situations, specifically at major programs and successful mid-major programs, don't jump at jobs like ours that often. The stats back this up. Parrish wrote an article discussing this last week. So programs tend to hire from the lower levels. And yeah, I'd like the White hire.

I Swear brother it does anymore! Its like we've forgotten who we are and have given up on being a prestigious program. I thought we'd definitely get a Pitino Jr, Cronin, Mack, etc caliber coach. We have stooped lower than low at this point. Very disturbing.

If Volnation ran our athletic department we'd surely be filing for bankruptcy within a matter of hours

Nah. We'd set fire to our offices and burn to death before we ever had to worry about the fall-out from our many intangible blunders.

You don't offer a salary based on hopes and promises you pay based on value. Some of you just think we should throw a blank check at some very unproven coaches ala pitino jr. That is not the way to run anything.

Reactions: 2 people
It looks like we've been negotiating with White since Thursday all the while ignoring interest from Howland and Cronin. And now that White has said no and we've let it go public, it gives all the leverage to other candidates.

I would imagine we're at the point now where whoever wants the job first between Tyndall and Wade will get it.

UTAD gon UTAD.

Oh, and hiring a guy named Michael White from LA Tech is the right way to run things? lol MICHAEL WHITE.....let that sink in for a minute.

Unfortunately the current administration is tasked with the large cleanup project left by the last AD. Lots of nice buildings, but no reliable staff to fill all the offices, so we hire on the cheap.

Seriously op? The fact you admit you didn't know they had a bb program lets me know you don't watch basketball. He would be a huge upgrade over Rick Jr.

Oh, and hiring a guy named Michael White from LA Tech is the right way to run things? lol MICHAEL WHITE.....let that sink in for a minute.

Its clear you dont have the first clue when it comes to who Michael White is and what caliber of coach he is.

Jeeeezuz people....yes I knew LA Tech has a program! I was being sarcastic! lol It would be the bottom of the barrel hire....bottom line.

VN Store

Back