Are we getting played?

Dougie_D

It was mentioned that Dave Hart will mislead information on purpose.
ADs will do this and try to not have the real deal leaked.
I just thought about how many potential AD "minds" are in play here.
TN side - Hart and his buddy CM Newton apparently.
White side - his father at Duke, brother in Buffalo, and his other brother who's an assistant AD for La-tech.

What if this whole thing was a joke? And we actually are signing Pitrino Jr?!

Reactions: 3 people
Why would White and his family be involved in a feint? No benefit to them. I don't buy it.

I wouldn't let it worry you too much man. We should have a coach by the end of the week. Let the guy do his due diligence. I'd rather him take his time and find the right guy than he rush it and we are back here in 3 years.

Reactions: 7 people
It was mentioned that Dave Hart will mislead information on purpose.
ADs will do this and try to not have the real deal leaked.
I just thought about how many potential AD "minds" are in play here.
TN side - Hart and his buddy CM Newton apparently.
White side - his father at Duke, brother in Buffalo, and his other brother who's an assistant AD for La-tech.

What if this whole thing was a joke? And we actually are signing Pitrino Jr?!

This is why I hate coaching changes. The fanbase goes bat shat crazy.

Reactions: 7 people
Hart is playing all vol fans by convincing you that he knows what he is doing..

Heck any avg manager can hire avg talent n balance a budget but it takes leadership to step out of the box take a chance n understand you have to invest real money n talent to provide a product that wins in the market place.

Reactions: 5 people
Yes.

Hart and UT is getting played by any football or basketball coach that wants to leverage their current program for a raise.

I am still somewhat in shock he had enough sense to play hard ball and not give in to Martin.

Heck any avg manager can hire avg talent n balance a budget but it takes leadership to step out of the box take a chance n understand you have to invest real money n talent to provide a product that wins in the market place.

And we have a winner.

Add the two compensation packages of the football and basketball coaches together and see how that ranks just in the SEC. Use the $1.8 M they proposed to Zo in doing it.

Clue: UT is not in the top three in the SEC, much less the country. UT and the UTAD in particular for many years think you as fans - are dumb enough to accept whoever they trot out there as a head coach. Most of the time we do. Yet they use, just like Hart just did at his press conference, every opportunity to cast part of the blame on the fan base for a coach leaving or not performing. "The petition", "fan apathy", "fans not getting behind Coach X", etc.

Their performance as leaders of UT does not deserve the great fan support they receive.

Reactions: 4 people
I will say that Jeff Long's hire of Brett Bielema from Wisconsin to Arky was the most stealth hires I've ever seen. He was on no one's, and I mean no one's radar until it was announced.

When all is said and done, we will have a person named to coach BB at UT. We really have no input as to who that is, so just fill VN up with all your thoughts. That's what it's there for. Go Vols

And we have a winner.

Add the two compensation packages of the football and basketball coaches together and see how that ranks just in the SEC. Use the $1.8 M they proposed to Zo in doing it.

Clue: UT is not in the top three in the SEC, much less the country. UT and the UTAD in particular for many years think you as fans - are dumb enough to accept whoever they trot out there as a head coach. Most of the time we do. Yet they use, just like Hart just did at his press conference, every opportunity to cast part of the blame on the fan base for a coach leaving or not performing. "The petition", "fan apathy", "fans not getting behind Coach X", etc.

Their performance as leaders of UT does not deserve the great fan support they receive.

^ A thousand time YES! Divide and conquer strategy convincing our great fan base it is part of the problem. Judging by VolNation posters it has worked with many.

Reactions: 1 person
In this case if the fanbase was not crazy :crazy: there would have been no need for coaching change (and we would have been better off).

I'm glad we are a fan base that cares, but some on here don't have much sense or they're not really Vol fans, but I really think if Martin stayed, he is fired next year & we owe him a boat load of cash. I think it will work out for the best this way, coaching-wise & financially.

And we have a winner.

While this sounds all great in theory but is shows you know very little about building organizations and teams. You don't understand that every great era of leadership goes through processes. It's almost inevitable that you will post losses in the process of building your foundation and if your followers don't understand that then they don't deserve a good leader.

Here are some example of great leader in our era who didn't live up to potential in their quest to building great organizations:

1.) Mike Kryzewski went 38 -47 his first 3 years at Duke and was hired after a 9 -17 season at Army

2) This is a little out of the box but Jeff Bezos(Founder & CEO of Amazon) company posted multi-million dollar losses for years.

3.)Greg Marshall didn't make the NCAA with Wichita St. until his 5th season. Didn't break a .500 record until his 3rd. Had he been at UT you guys would have ran a good coach out.

Who ever this next coach is give the guy time to build something. Or we will for every be in the basement.

Any average poster knows that n is not a word.

VN Store

Back