POLL: Michael White, yes or no?

Do you want Michael White to be UT's next basketball coach?

• Total voters
I say yes... everything I've seen and read on him,I like him and his style...

I voted yes. He plays an exciting brand of basketball, is an energetic coach, and is a great recrruiter. Really hope he's our next coach!

Reactions: 4 people
Should have added another option: "sure why not? Probably best we can hope for given our budget constraints"

I voted yes BTW.

Reactions: 6 people
With Stokes, Maymon, and McRae all out...White can bring in his style immediately and if he can do as well at La. Tech in recruiting... I say HUGE WIN for UT!!!

On the downside, if he does as well at UT as the lasy guy from La. Tech, I would ust as soon pass...just sayin'

Reactions: 1 person
Would be career suicide for heart to hire him!............... J/k! It depends on who else is on the table. If a more proven guy is willing to listen for a lil more money , you at least talk to him.. if white is at the top of the board you take him now! Hiring a coach is similar to recruiting a kid, you have ur wish list and then your A list , B list and so on... just depends on where we're at on our list and where hes at on that list!

The guy is considered to be one of those up and coming in the basketball ranks so I wouldn't be apposed to seeing what he can do!

If it happens (some) Tennessee fans need to not dwell on the fact he is coming from La Tech everyone has to start somewhere look at who he his coaching counterpart is on the women's side at La Tech.

The down side is if does good in one year and Andy Kennedy gets fired does he take the first bus to Oxford and his alma mater?

The second one is if he does do really well in four or five years does his dad (if still AD at Duke) hire him to replace Coach K?

The guy is considered to be one of those up and coming in the basketball ranks so I wouldn't be apposed to seeing what he can do!

If it happens (some) Tennessee fans need to not dwell on the fact he is coming from La Tech everyone how to start somewhere look at who he his coaching counterpart is on the women's side at La Tech.

The down side is if does good in one year and Andy Kennedy gets fired does he take the first bus to Oxford and his alma mater?

The second one is if he does do really well in four or five years does his dad (if still AD at Duke) hire him to replace Coach K?

C'mon man, seriously! UT deserves the best coach, and we should not give a darn about any other program. Duke who? Oh, your talking about that over-rated team that got beat by Mercer in the NCAA tourney. C'mon man with the "what ifs".

Go Vols!

Yes...

I know how Tennessee works, they like to hire the young guy who will be here 12-15 years. I'm fine with that as I hate turnover. Howland will not get the job due to his issues with the NCAA. Gregg Marshall will hold out for a deal close to 3 million per year. Im not sure if Shaka wants to leave VCU. So those who are calling for the big name, I just don't see the realistic pick.

LA Teach was a garage basketball program prior to White. I like his style. The question is whether or not he can land the top talent out of Memphis that CCM could not.

I say yes and worry about him bolting to wherever down the road when/if it happens. If we're gonna go the up and comer route I think this is the guy.

After doing a little research on him, I think he'd bring an exciting style of play to TBA and create some optimism and buzz around the program that was missing a little bit under Zo. How quickly he turned around that program that has been bad for a long time, especially his record the last two years, is quite impressive.

I have to say though, after I googled him, the first link I clicked on was his bio from La Tech's website and couldn't help but to cringe a little remembering seeing Dooley's face on there a few years ago lol. :pinch: At least this guy has a winning record.

1. For those of you who think White would bolt for Ole Miss, ask yourself this question: Which program is the more attractive place to coach, Ole Miss or Tennessee? Personally, I think UT is the better job. Just because he's an Ole Miss alum, doesn't mean that is his dream job.

2. Yes, hire him now, Dave!

White may be the best we can get without paying $3+ million per year. I like it because he is noted to be an excellent recruiter and that he has 7 years experience coaching and recruiting in the SEC (as an assistant). His style of play will be accepted much more than CCM's "style?" was. If he gets the job and comes in and tries to connect with the fans and boosters it will be a big plus for him. Nothing like getting off on the right foot! JMO

How much Money, does Hart throw at White? I think Hart throws at least 1.8 mil top of the scale. This would be 3 times what he is making.

A lot of speculation re: White's Departure to either Duke or Ole Miss. Don't think the Duke thing will ever happen. As far as an Ole Miss hire, It could happen but I am not sure when it would. I am surprised, Ole Miss stills has Kennedy coaching.

If White Comes, I think he stays here for at least 3 before making a change, but lets cross the bridge with Ole Miss when it happens.

I say yes and worry about him bolting to wherever down the road when/if it happens. If we're gonna go the up and comer route I think this is the guy.

After doing a little research on him, I think he'd bring an exciting style of play to TBA and create some optimism and buzz around the program that was missing a little bit under Zo. How quickly he turned around that program that has been bad for a long time, especially his record the last two years, is quite impressive.

I have to say though, after I googled him, the first link I clicked on was his bio from La Tech's website and couldn't help but to cringe a little remembering seeing Dooley's face on there a few years ago lol. :pinch: At least this guy has a winning record.

I'm not sure that Dooley was La Tech's fault. Dooley was a very special example of a head football coach. Maybe once or twice in a generation a great coach such as Neyland or Bryant comes along and the same goes for the type coaches that are on the other end of the spectrum like Dooley that are looked at in dismay, disgust and disbelief that they would even be allowed to walk on a football field. We at Tennessee are angry and sick that we were stuck with Dooley but just think how they feel at La Tech, they will forever get the blame for sending him to us and to college football. JMO FWIW

Virginia Tech - last in the ACC for the past 3 seasons - got Buzz Williams! Surly we can do better than a coach who has never made the NCAA tournament!

VN Store

Back