How many of you guys actually attend basketball games at UT

Batman1948

Gonna fix all the leaks in this place
Everyone one entitled to voice their opinions on the coaching hire but I see lots of posts not happy with the way the search is playing out.

I've been a Vol fan my entire life but I don't get upset at coaching hires because there's nothing I can do about it except piss and moan. If they make a bad hire, they eventually correct it and try to get better. Just look at the football situation. Think back to when Butch was hired. I bet most Vol fans were bent out of shape because they wanted a bigger name. That seems to be working out today.

I haven't lived in Tennessee for some time but I still love my Vols. My question is this---- how many of you guys actually spend your money supporting Tennessee athletics? My guess is not many.

Reactions: 2 people
I do. Been going for years. Even back to the O'Neil days. Doesn't mean my opinion matters more than anyone else's though.

Reactions: 8 people
I live 6 hours away and go to 2-3 basketball games at TBA a year (none this year, actually), and I go to EVERY home football game, as well as the USC game in Columbia every other year. All in all, I easily spend $6-$7,000 on the Vols each year.

And lots and lots of heartache.

Reactions: 5 people
Everyone one entitled to voice their opinions on the coaching hire but I see lots of posts not happy with the way the search is playing out.

I've been a Vol fan my entire life but I don't get upset at coaching hires because there's nothing I can do about it except piss and moan. If they make a bad hire, they eventually correct it and try to get better. Just look at the football situation. Think back to when Butch was hired. I bet most Vol fans were bent out of shape because they wanted a bigger name. That seems to be working out today.

I haven't lived in Tennessee for some time but I still love my Vols. My question is this---- how many of you guys actually spend your money supporting Tennessee athletics? My guess is not many.

I do!!!

Go Vols!

I'll be honest, I'm a college student so I can't afford to go to games but I support my Vols no matter what. Even if I dislike the coach or decisions made, I will still support them.

Reactions: 4 people

^^ true fan police

Reactions: 1 person
I go to 3-5 home bball games (and about 2 or 3 home FB games) each year. Also went to the infamous 2010 music city bowl.

I have made the trip to TN to see a UT basketball game 17 times over the last 3 seasons. Granted it is usually well over a 1000 mile trip for me each time. I log a lot of miles to see our Vols.

Reactions: 2 people
5 bball games/year
3 football home games and i go to The Swamp every other year for the TN game

I agree with alot of other posters though, there's a homeless man who hangs out outside of my church. Guy is always decked out in his orange and will tell you every stat about every TN game in the past 30 years, probably hasn't been to a game in forever but I consider him to be a much better fan than I as well as a lot of other Vol fans.

Last edited:

I haven't lived in Tennessee for some time but I still love my Vols. My question is this---- how many of yo

u guys actually spend your money supporting Tennessee
athletics? My guess is not many.

Does spending money on UT make someone a bigger fan?

Luv me some elitist thread

I don't think that is what the OP was getting at. Not a matter of being an elitist. He was just asking the question asking if those who like to complain about everything the brass at UT does actually puts any skin in the game. If you want to have a bigger say in how UT does things, they can always write a bigger check. That is just a fact in the way things work. I can assure you that if you contribute enough, your opinion matters. Kind of how it works at all big time institutions who collect donations on a regular basis.

Season basketball ticket holder for 10 years and have attended almost all of those games.

:peace2:

VN Store

Back