Tennessee Vacancy - Who Wants It?

NO ONE. We are the worst fans in the world. You have a coach who took the job after your savior got caught doing wrong by the NCAA and in his 3rd year took us to sweet 16 but no, some butt wipe followed by 36000 followers didnt think he was doing good enough job

Reactions: 15 people
NO ONE. We are the worst fans in the world. You have a coach who took the job after your savior got caught doing wrong by the NCAA and in his 3rd year took us to sweet 16 but no, some butt wipe followed by 36000 followers didnt think he was doing good enough job

Barely making the tournament every 3 years combined with NIT first round losses....clearly you and I have different standards.

Reactions: 18 people
Good article. But will we be willing and able to shell out sufficient funds to attract this coach who can "sell" the program to the fans?

Reactions: 1 person

U dam right I didn't !

Reactions: 14 people

A petition to get a coach canned is embarrassing so I will agree somewhat with you. But he was not doing a good enough job with the talent he had on hand.

Reactions: 3 people

Wow, talk about a lack of objectivity...

A petition to get a coach canned is embarrassing so I will agree somewhat with you. But he was not doing a good enough job with the talent he had on hand.

This is how I feel. The petition was beyond ignorant, and I'm glad I didn't sign it. But the claims that Cuonzo was going a great job? I separate my opinion from his, right there.

Reactions: 2 people
All you guys on the petition subject are missing it. Zo DID NOT like knoxville period. Well before the petition came out people close to the program knew this. It was a perfect storm for him. The team went on a run and the petition was out, he had the perfect story. He was leaving no matter what, this year or next year.

Reactions: 5 people
All you guys on the petition subject are missing it. Zo DID NOT like knoxville period. Well before the petition came out people close to the program knew this. It was a perfect storm for him. The team went on a run and the petition was out, he had the perfect story. He was leaving no matter what, this year or next year.

This ^^^^. I was told he wasn't happy at the end of last season. I was told regardless of the results this year, he would be seeking employment elsewhere.

Worst fans in the world who still somehow average top 5 in attendance even with a coach who underachieved greatly by having two NIT teams and barely squeaked into the tourney on his final year is another way to look at it.

See how arguments look when you word them correctly? It's high school English.

Reactions: 10 people

That you eeyore?

So funny. Now all of you that signed the petition want us to think it had no effect but you are wrong. It will effect what caliber coach that we get.

If you don't like your fellow vol fans, then why don't you root for someone else? Also, get off your soap box and quit generalizing the fan base.

Reactions: 2 people

I didn't realize we had already made the Sweet 16 when the petition came out?

I didn't realize we had already made the Sweet 16 when the petition came out?

That's why it made our fanbase look so dumb. Basketball is a postseason sport, and UT fans collectively showed how ignorant they are by putting out this petition when we were still alive for the tournament. It would have still been a bad idea after the season was over assuming we flamed out and didn't make the tourney, but it was just flat out embaressing with so much left on the table.

I would hire Howland without reservation. Knowing only what is in that SI article, would you let that stop you BTO?

He is a very good coach - that goes without saying but his demeanor with assistants and staff is similar (but not as bad) as Dooley according to a number of media types. But Cronin and Mack are interested in the job - both of whom are definitely a nice step up from CCM.

VN Store

Back