Which Coach's Style Fits the Best...

orangelo

... with the roster we currently have. I think this aspect cannot be understated. We will have to have at least marginal success immediately to not hit the doldrums as a program. So I'm going with Michael White. Remember not necessarily the best coach but, best fit schematically.

Reactions: 1 person
It may not factor much into wins and losses but it would be nice to have a coach that smiles once in a while again and is fan friendly.

It may not factor much into wins and losses but it would be nice to have a coach that smiles once in a while again and is fan friendly.
Anthony_Robbins.jpg

What about this guy? Heard he is a great motivator too!

Instead of fit with the roster today - let's think about what kind of roster he will build when he is here. What style of basketball will they play? Will he be able to recruit the type players he needs to Rocky Top?

Instead of fit with the roster today - let's think about what kind of roster he will build when he is here. What style of basketball will they play? Will he be able to recruit the type players he needs to Rocky Top?

If he doesn't have the players in place to run his system now he may not be around to coach the ones he recruits for his system, that is what I was saying.

Agree - The current roster is woefully thin. I wouldn't even factor in the next two years product on the court. It won't be pretty next year no matter who we hire.

White is the best fit for TN.

He played and was assistant in the SEC at Ole Miss. His know as a very good recruiter, plays an up tempo game, has a 70.5% winning percentage. He is a rising star that we could hire for no more than 1.25 million. He has a $400k buyout (from reports). My biggest concern is him bolting for Ole Miss when that job becomes available.

He played and was assistant in the SEC at Ole Miss. His know as a very good recruiter, plays an up tempo game, has a 70.5% winning percentage. He is a rising star that we could hire for no more than 1.25 million. He has a $400k buyout (from reports). My biggest concern is him bolting for Ole Miss when that job becomes available.
Coach K didn't stay at Army. Izzo at Northern Michigan. Not all coaches don't stay or go to their alma mater. If he is successful here I doubt he would take a rebuilding job their.

Coach K didn't stay at Army. Izzo at Northern Michigan. Not all coaches don't stay or go to their alma mater. If he is successful here I doubt he would take a rebuilding job their.

Pretty sure Army and Northern Michigan were never going to be their final destination.

If you were an Alumni from Western Kentucky and TN offered, would you jump back to Western Kentucky?

Why do think Cuonzo wanted the Purdue job so bad?

Ole Miss is definite a final destination for Alumni from there.

Yeah. Tennessee needs a coach from Ole Miss named Whitey.

Reactions: 4 people

I think White is waiting for that job and will eventually take it.

Andy Kennedy is always on the hot seat.

Also n bb 1 or 2 players n you are winning you dont need the wait till he has his 85 players to win an sec game like the football sheep believe.

Yeah, I knew something like a Tony Robbins pic was coming but posted that anyway because I just don't think a guy with the personality of a rock will work at Tennessee.

I'll take the personality of a doorknob if he's good for the players and wins.

VN Store

Back