Dave is shopping at Dollar General

Bob Mueller

Check My Stats
"Money is a major component of this search, without making an absurdly obvious statement. What does that mean? That Tennessee could, a number of sources told us, have gotten say Gregg Marshall or Tad Boyle to the negotiating table if the Vols could pay well north of $2 million. The simple fact is that UT doesn't believe it's in that position; sources have indicated it would be an extremely rare or unforeseen scenario that would force Tennessee into doling out a new deal that exceeds $2 million annually. As someone indicated to VolQuest.com this week, $1.3 million from Martin's buyout represents about half of the Vols' continued ridiculously low reserve funds"

...and scouting and the zoo

knoxville-zoo-red-panda.jpg

A top hc prospect

Reactions: 1 person
You can thank Jimmy Cheek for allowing this basketball program to fall back into obscurity. If he doesn't pony up to even hire the likes of Ben Howland, whom personally begged Dave for the job, you can kiss all proverbial hope for Tennessee Basketball goodbye.

Reactions: 6 people
We have the money but our fans will show up for anything therefore he has no incentive to spend. Why cut into your take when fans show up anyway? We have a highly profitable team despite our record. Sad thing is I wouldn't mind shopping the discount aisle IF I thought our AD was committed to the best - designer goods get discounted all the time and are often better than paying full price for cheap 'made in China' crap that falls apart at the seams the first time you wash it or explodes when you plug it in but I have no reason to believe Hart shops this way.

The 'we are in no position...' line is straight up bull. We have the money --tourney money alone would cover any high priced salary and that's without factoring in attendance and tv dollars.

That said, while I won't assume Hart's committed or willing to go after the best, we should withhold judgment until he reveals himself.

Reactions: 4 people
I love people using the zoo like people can't get emails and make calls anywhere these days.. Get outta here. You the only person in the world without a smart phone? I can make deals taking a dump, he can make em at the zoo.

Reactions: 8 people
There will be a buyout for whatever coach we are hiring. Most of the 1.3m Martin buyout will be used for that i guess.

At this point of time, I just hope vols luck into some good coach like how we got Butch.

Hart will reach out to alumni and donors to support our hire like he did with Coach Jones if necessary.

:post-4-1090547912:Hart not even at the Dollar Store level, I seen him at the Dollar tree everything in the store a dollar or less he was in the 50 cent isle when I passed him by.

One thing simple Hart and even at the top does not care about wins and loses, 95,000 and 15,000 fans still bring in a lot of money every year, and we all know that's what its about, need to start at the top and clean house, get somebody that really gives a damn.

Reactions: 2 people
:post-4-1090547912:Hart not even at the Dollar Store level, I seen him at the Dollar tree everything in the store a dollar or less he was in the 50 cent isle when I passed him by.

You the mouth breathing guy hanging around the potted meat? :unsure:

Reactions: 3 people
"Money is a major component of this search, without making an absurdly obvious statement. What does that mean? That Tennessee could, a number of sources told us, have gotten say Gregg Marshall or Tad Boyle to the negotiating table if the Vols could pay well north of $2 million. The simple fact is that UT doesn't believe it's in that position; sources have indicated it would be an extremely rare or unforeseen scenario that would force Tennessee into doling out a new deal that exceeds $2 million annually. As someone indicated to VolQuest.com this week, $1.3 million from Martin's buyout represents about half of the Vols' continued ridiculously low reserve funds"
I finally got it figured out...think I'm right! https://soundcloud.com/homefreevocalband/champagne-taste-on-a-beer

Dave Hart may be shopping at the Dollar store because Cheek gave him a Dollar store gift card. Asked him to grab a box of Kleenex while he was there.

Of course he is. I mean, what would you expect? The guy has a free pass, because no matter who he gets, most of the self-loathing UT fans will say that he couldn't possibly do any better because no one else wants to come here. So, do you really expect him to make a major move and spend major money? Why would he take a bigger risk in search of a greater reward when he can just hire a cheap guy, tell fans they have to be patient, and continue playing AD for several more years here before retiring to Alabama?

My hope is that with Hart's basketball background he can make a good coaching decision.

Assuming someone will do the right thing is setting yourself up for disappointment. It's human nature to screw something up possibly badly. I assume he's going to hire a schmuck and if he hires a good one i'll be very happy. That's the way I went at it when Tennessee was looking for a football coach in 2012.

Who brings the most players to Tennessee out of all that have been mentioned?

So Bob, who are you quoting? It's amazing how many on here have such close knowledge of what is going on.

Reactions: 2 people

VN Store

Back