Michael White (La Tech)

I'm all for this^^^

Energetic, well known recruiter from Ole Miss so he has HC experience and recruiting experience in SEC. Got better every year with LA Tech.

Reactions: 2 people
Don't think he'd be a bad hire, but he is risky. He doesn't have a ton of experience, but he's also had success. Don't know about the PR part of him, but he does have an uptempo game. I'm afraid that if he has any type of success here, he'd leave to go home to Ole Miss when the time comes.

Don't think he'd be a bad hire, but he is risky. He doesn't have a ton of experience, but he's also had success. Don't know about the PR part of him, but he does have an uptempo game. I'm afraid that if he has any type of success here, he'd leave to go home to Ole Miss when the time comes.

True, his wife is alum too

Not always a given that a coach goes to Alma Mater. Bill Self has passed on Ok State before. UT job a better job.

Reactions: 1 person

Have you seen the Tad Pad?

Him leaving and returning to Ole Miss would be the least of my concerns.

If he hire a coach from La Tech and he doesn't work out in 3 or 4 years. There's going to be soooooooooo many Dooley references.

Reactions: 3 people
He could be a great coach but the problem with hiring 'up and comers' is they dont feel pressure. If we hire White we will be preseason like 9-12 in the SEC. If we hire Howland we would be like preseason 6-10, expectations would be higher from the start. it could be 2-3 years before the youngster White feels the pressure and then we find out if hes a big time coach. Cuonzo bailed when he felt the first bit of pressure, we dont need this mess again. Howland also more stable, this would be his final job probably if he successful here vs White who could leave after a good run.

Ill admit i dont know much about White but id be very disappointed if we hired him over Howland.

They aren't going to hire him over Howland. Howland will want too much money, Hart will decline, etc.

They aren't going to hire him over Howland. Howland will want too much money, Hart will decline, etc.

I'm not saying Howland couldn't/wouldn't be good here. I just don't really like the guy. Obviously, I've never met him, but I don't like what I've read all that much.

It also amazes me that people want him to come when everyone hated Zo's offense. Howland runs a very similar style, maybe slower.

And he recruited really well in the 2000's and I assumed he was a great recruiter, but he was really struggling late in his run at UCLA until he got into the shady business of hiring AAU coaches onto his staff.

Idk, he might come in and crush it, but I like the high risk high reward of Michael White.

Reactions: 3 people

Or how about Duke when Coach K retires? His father is the AD at Duke

Won the NIT this year....his first year in Minnesota

Yes, he won the N.I.T. with a team that was predicted to be in the NCAA, but went 6-8 down the stretch, including losses to Northwestern, Purdue, and and Illinois. Also, if you want to get mad at being inconsistent, Minnesota lost to Iowa by 23 and then beat Wisconsin by 13. Pitino Jr. must not be able to motivate the team from game to game (am I doing this right?).

He did this with a team of nothing but Juniors and Seniors, most of whom played in the NCAA tournament the year before.

Plus in 2 recruiting classes he has only landed 5 3* players and 1 unranked player. So the future for that team is obviously bleak, and they probably won't win any games next season.

(Seriously, am I doing this right?)

Reactions: 2 people

VN Store

Back