Vols and Mizzou In A Bidding War With Candidates Now?

Tux

With Frank Haith gone at Mizzou, the Mizzou boards have been mentioning the same candidates that we have-Gregg Marshall, Shaka Smart, Mick Cronin, Michael White, Donnie Tyndall, Chris Mack, Richard Pitino, etc….

Are at a point where we have a coach ready to come on board and Dave Hart is ready to pull the trigger?

Or does Mizzou now in the mix complicate things and slows down our process and we are now in a bidding war for our coach with them?

The fact that Hart is not out doing business, tells me that he is waiting on some answers from a few people.

Mizzou entering the talks with candidates may complicate matters and slow things down. Coaches will play one school against the other to sweeten their deals.

I'm hoping for the same as collage football last year. Ark went for a power move and we got butch. Now Mizzou will get Marshall and we get white

Reactions: 3 people
You may look to see Tennessee make a quicker hire and force guys to give answers. We may move on if guys attempt to slow play the process. Hart knows we have a limited window.

If Hart is waiting on Smart, Marshall or Stevens, then he needs to wait. They are worth the wait. As far as the others that have been mentioned, we need to make an offer, talk it over, and wait 24 hours. If no answer, then we have to move on. Recruiting makes us move on. JMO

Reactions: 1 person
If Tulsa can land an SEC coach we should be able to get an established coach! Not an up and coming "star!"

The fact that Hart is not out doing business, tells me that he is waiting on some answers from a few people.

Mizzou entering the talks with candidates may complicate matters and slow things down. Coaches will play one school against the other to sweeten their deals.

True, but would't you be covering your bases in the meantime, talking to others, getting info, etc?

If Tulsa can land an SEC coach we should be able to get an established coach! Not an up and coming "star!"

Tulsa isn't exactly hitting a homerun. Haith is good but not great coach who should be serving at least a 3 year show cause if NCAA was consistent.

Reactions: 4 people
Tulsa isn't exactly hitting a homerun. Haith is good but not great coach who should be serving at least a 3 year show cause if NCAA was consistent.

The wheels are falling off his program at Mizzou. He's bailing on them before it completely crumbles.

There's no question it'll be a "don't let the door hit you in the . . . " good bye from the AD.

Yes, Haith is running scared! No way any coach that we are after would think that is a better job!

If you are in a bidding war with Mizzou, then you aren't getting any of those names anyways....

I would hope it's a no brainer

Dick Vitale is tweeting Howland for Mizzou.

Our local sports reporters seem to be mentioning every small school coach in the country and refusing to consider Howland. I assume they have some info to base that on. Why does Hart not want Howland?

If Hart is waiting on Smart, Marshall or Stevens, then he needs to wait. They are worth the wait. As far as the others that have been mentioned, we need to make an offer, talk it over, and wait 24 hours. If no answer, then we have to move on. Recruiting makes us move on. JMO

world-without-books-gifs-dumb.gif

From a Mizzou board. They believe that they are pursuing Tim Miles

Scott Batés™ ‏@batesysays Apr 16
@mastur_nate anything new to report from the tim miles/greg mcdermott package to tennessee?

I wonder if we were pursuing a packaged deal or if McDermott was going to Nebraska if Miles were coming here. Still quite interesting.

VN Store

Back