David Climer, the Nashville Tennessean on Martin departure

A surprisingly even handed take from Climer...Very good read from a guy that is never shy about being critical of UT when it's justified.

Good read by David Climer, the Nashville Tennessean on Martin departure.
Cuonzo Martin, Tennessee split was inevitable

This is a very good and balanced article especially compared to the attack articles posted on ESPN and elsewhere. They made it sound like it was all about Tennessee dysfunction and nothing to do with Martin and his fit/approach.

"Why? The shadow of Pearl remains. University leadership is weak. The returning roster is short on SEC talent."

I will say that fans need to get over Pearl already. He's gone. Time to move on and support the next hire without the 'cloud of Pearl' hanging over his head.

Reactions: 2 people
This is a very good and balanced article especially compared to the attack articles posted on ESPN and elsewhere. They made it sound like it was all about Tennessee dysfunction and nothing to do with Martin and his fit/approach.

"Why? The shadow of Pearl remains. University leadership is weak. The returning roster is short on SEC talent."

I will say that fans need to get over Pearl already. He's gone. Time to move on and support the next hire without the 'cloud of Pearl' hanging over his head.

They won't until we get a coach in who wins consistently. If we hire a no name, he'll be behind the 8 ball from day 1.

So Climer agrees Martin removed his name from Marquette......after he figured out he wasn't getting the job.

Reactions: 2 people
They won't until we get a coach in who wins consistently. If we hire a no name, he'll be behind the 8 ball from day 1.

I agree but the timing here sucks. If we were on a coaching search after Pearl had beaten us the divorce would be complete. People will still pine for Bruce until he is seen as our opponent.

VN Store

Back