Don't have a good feeling about the next hire

I would be happy if it is just between Tyndall and White. I think Tennessee will get a good coach either way

I don't understand why so many people are down on this administration. So far they have brought in Butch Jones who is well on his way to turning the football program around as well as Dave Serrano who has the baseball team playing better than they have in years. In my opinion this administration is two for two in coaching hires so far. Martin was a Hamilton hire, I think people forget this sometimes. I have every reason to think that the administration will make a good hire until proven otherwise.

Reactions: 8 people
Just don't have faith in the current admin. Hope I'm wrong.

Then go find another team to cheer on, please!
What a moronic thread. Just another example of the toxic minority of VOLS fans who simply can't get behind their teams and coaches, no matter what.

Go VOLS!

Reactions: 2 people
Then go find another team to cheer on, please!
What a moronic thread. Just another example of the toxic minority of VOLS fans who simply can't get behind their teams and coaches, no matter what.

Go VOLS!

You have no idea what you're talking about. You don't know me. It's either you're opinion or leave? Right? You're the moron.

Reactions: 1 person
Everything post-Hamilton has went extremely well so far with Serrano and Butch. I feel quite confident with our current administration.

Reactions: 3 people
I don't understand why so many people are down on this administration. So far they have brought in Butch Jones who is well on his way to turning the football program around as well as Dave Serrano who has the baseball team playing better than they have in years. In my opinion this administration is two for two in coaching hires so far. Martin was a Hamilton hire, I think people forget this sometimes. I have every reason to think that the administration will make a good hire until proven otherwise.

I think I am correct in that Serrano was not a Hart hire. Officially, Cronin hired him. Others would know more, but it has been said that Hamilton helped get him before he left.

I agree that you have to give it a chance and see what happens. The only thing that scared me about football was the timing. There was no sense in urgency, and I thought it was terribly done. But....we ended up with Butch Jones. So, the end result was very good.

Ha, I was just thinking that. Surprise move by Haith to go to Tulsa. Makes you wonder what baggage he's leaving behind.

He is doing what Martin did. Resetting his contract for another 5 years. This is what coaching has come to. When there is heat, in order to secure future earnings, they jump. Can't say that I blame them.

But, say what you want about Cuonzo Martin, he is a better coach than Frank Haith. That was a terrible hire by Missouri.

I think we'll up the ante and get Howland.
would pay his way in 2 seasons or less.

I think I am correct in that Serrano was not a Hart hire. Officially, Cronin hired him. Others would know more, but it has been said that Hamilton helped get him before he left.

I agree that you have to give it a chance and see what happens. The only thing that scared me about football was the timing. There was no sense in urgency, and I thought it was terribly done. But....we ended up with Butch Jones. So, the end result was very good.

This is correct, Cronin hired Serrano as the interim AD.

Dave Serrano hired as new UT baseball coach » GoVolsXtra

Suggestion: Quit posting until new coach is signed, sealed, and delivered by the actual decision makers.
Then hit Volnation and bash it out.

I keep seeing some say no mid-major hires aren't most of the top guys for everyone are all mid-major?

Smart - VCU
Marshall - Wichita St.
Miller - Dayton
White - La Tech
Tyndall - Southern Miss

Howland and Pitino are the only one's that have been mentioned that aren't.

let's face it. Most of us are not going to be happy with a "good hire". Most of us want Chris Chambliss in the bottom of the ninth in the 1976 American League Championship Series

Reactions: 1 person
I keep seeing some say no mid-major hires aren't most of the top guys for everyone are all mid-major?

Smart - VCU
Marshall - Wichita St.
Miller - Dayton
White - La Tech
Tyndall - Southern Miss

Howland and Pitino are the only one's that have been mentioned that aren't.

Cronin

let's face it. Most of us are not going to be happy with a "good hire". Most of us want Chris Chambliss in the bottom of the ninth in the 1976 American League Championship Series

If I'm unhappy with the guy leaving, I'll always support/be happy with the new guy. At least until he proves he can't do the job. Most of the names being mentioned have at least won more than they have lost. At least we are not looking at another Dooley hiring. I'm confident Hart will find the right guy. He did well getting Butch to Knoxville. Have faith.

VN Store

Back