Tennessee is NOT a good job

DocVol

It's toxic. No coach, even in a remotely good situation at his current job, and even in a smaller school/conference, will take this job right now.

Temper your expectations. And then lower them some more.

I'm not saying the standard should be lowered, but I'm at least expecting another Derek Dooley type hire--as in we are turned down by all the major prospects (Pitino, Smart, Howland, Miller, Marshall,...), then we are turned down by some smaller second tier names, and THEN we will hire someone no one has heard of from a a small mid-major.

Some of you need to gather your marbles that were lost years ago. Tennessee has a chance to be a GREAT job again, but it won't happen this time.

Temper your expectations. Then lower then again. This will prove to help with the VN meltdown when it plays out exactly as above.

Reactions: 7 people
Who we hire will illustrate this, ending up with Butch did the same in FB, and no that's not a knock on Butch, but acting as if he was option 1,2 or 3 is beyond dumb.

Reactions: 2 people
Temper your expectations. Then lower then again. This will prove to help with the VN meltdown when it plays out exactly as above.

This was supposed to be the mantra last time. If UT doesn't do better this time than CCM then just stick a fork in us.

It's toxic. No coach, even in a remotely good situation at his current job, and even in a smaller school/conference, will take this job right now.

I'm not saying the standard should be lowered, but I'm at least expecting another Derek Dooley type hire--as in we are turned down by all the major prospects (Pitino, Smart, Howland, Miller, Marshall,...), then we are turned down by some smaller second tier names, and THEN we will hire someone no one has heard of from a a small mid-major.

Some of you need to gather your marbles that were lost years ago. Tennessee has a chance to be a GREAT job again, but it won't happen this time.

Well ok since you say so :ermm:

Reactions: 3 people
You are nuts. Tennessee is a great job. Great facilities, big donors, always top in attendance, becoming Nike school next year and we play in the SEC. Plus, a coach has a chance to come here and take this program further than it's ever been before.

Reactions: 30 people

If Tennessee sucks so much why don't you go post somewhere else. I'm tempted to put you on ignore!:the_finger::finger3:

Reactions: 13 people
Great job. 4 sweet 16 trips in the last 8 years.

Defeatists with loser mentalities will tell you otherwise. Don't believe it. With the right coach, you can cut down the nets at UT.

Reactions: 23 people
While I dont expect us to get a "big" name, mostly because I just dont think we'll chuck out the $, this "It's toxic. No coach, even in a remotely good situation at his current job, and even in a smaller school/conference, will take this job right now" is wrong.

Some of our fans might be a bit Toxic, but TN is probably a much better job than most on VN realize.
Might take someone with thick skin.
Pay the BUCKS.

Reactions: 1 person
You are nuts. Tennessee is a great job. Great facilities, big donors, always top in attendance, becoming Nike school next year and we play in the SEC. Plus, a coach has a chance to come here and take this program further than it's ever been before.

Orange-colored glasses.

All of the above is true, but there are things that invalidate 90% of the good.

The BBall job at UT is just as good as the BBall job at any other FOOTBALL school, Fact!! :rock:

Reactions: 4 people

While I really can't disagree, this is stated every time. I said this last time: if the administration were serious about a proven coach, they would come up with the money. There would be very good coaches lining up if the AD decided to spend 2.0-2.5 on the next coach. We won't, and they won't.

Some of our fans might be a bit Toxic, but TN is probably a much better job than most on VN realize.
Pay the BUCKS.

It's a much better job if they pay the big bucks, but according to VQ that ain't happening. Looking to pay in that 6-9 range for SEC coaches, great gig huh?

It's a much better job if they pay the big bucks, but according to VQ that ain't happening. Looking to pay in that 6-9 range for SEC coaches, great gig huh?

Exactly this. And this is part of why it's toxic and no one will touch it.

How insulting is it to BE one of the premiere universities in the premiere conference with exceptional facilities and passionate fans.........only to watch the Admin shell out bottom tier money--WHEN THEY HAVE THE FUNDS TO SPEND AND WONT!

Tell me that wouldn't turn you off even on your 40-hr job as a Kroger cashier?!

What are you reading cause that's not what I've read on Volquest.

Repeatedly, Rob Lewis has said he feels Hart would go over $2 million for the right hire.

Reactions: 1 person
Pay the BUCKS.

Let's just put it this way: it is not as highly sought after as some on "here" think it is. I would take it for peanuts, but it is my school and a sport I love. Your last sentence is the reason why it would be appealing to some. But, since we most won't "pay the bucks," some of our fans think it's better than it is.

VN Store

Back