Izzo and Self get the treatment (sarcasm)

hillarious_vol

Grand Inquisitor
Knoxville Tennessee:

As the search for a new head coach continues at the University of Tennessee’s men’s basketball team, a few names have come to the forefront. One of the top names that came to the front was Tom Izzo, Michigan State. With a combined career record of 439-178 overall (.712), 209-95 Big Ten (.693). Izzo seems like a lock.
“I love the facilities, the city and the University of Tennessee, it should be a destination job” Izzo said to the Knoxville Free press on Thursday. When the news hit the dining facility in complain hall at UT, one student who wanted to be called “Vol_Dynasty_09” said that Izzo may be a good coach, but he is good up north and his brand of Basketball won’t fit in our school. He even went on to say that he may start a petition to stop the hiring of Izzo.
Multiple postings on VolNation.com reflected his attitude: Vol_I_AM said: Izzo? WTF ever, we need a real BIG name coach, how can he recruit in Tennessee? Vol4life66: Michigan State is a no count wanna be basketball school with half ass talent. So Vol fans don’t seem very excited about Izzo.
Another person who has already interviewed with the AD is Bill Self of Kansas, his records as follows: Record: 507-164, Record at Kansas: 300-59 overall (.836), 137-27 Big 12 (.835) NCAA Tournament: 35-14, two Final Fours, one national championship.
Self was excited when getting off the plane in Knoxville and said, “I hope the big orange are ready to win!” That statement off of the plane was met with boos and one Vol fan threw an apple at self and said, “GET A CLUE!” another one had a sign that read: Our AD has to go! And even volnation blew up with 77% of the comments related to self was negative, 20% were middle of the road and 3% welcome self.
As the search goes for the new Tennessee men’s basketball coach, the fan base continues to show how ridiculous they are when it comes to expectations. The Pope even said that Jesus Christ would turn down the Tennessee gig because fans would get tired of miracles and a 1.000 win percentage. One fan agrees, Bob from Maryville TN said, “Who wants a show off who walks on water, we need a coach”.
Good luck Tennessee, Good Luck!
Press Reporter AP

Reactions: 2 people
I heard that the only thing holding up the letter of agreement between the school and our new coach is that no one in the AD can spell "Krzyzewski."

Reactions: 1 person
love being the dumpster fire for national media. I hope CBJ can turn our image around this fall with some W's.

wtf is this? where was this reported? is this an actual AP release, or am I being had?

I think I'm being had

You guys make me laugh and cry, oh well, I guess I'll just eat lunch and take a nap. then I'll check the next installment of VN.

Move thread to crap pile please. I thought this was a UT sports site not a wanna be comic with too much time site. HA

What I read from the X coach and X players is that they would of never made it to the NCAAs if the fans had not got on their case so hard- made them bond together. so I look on it as a good thing.

wtf is this? where was this reported? is this an actual AP release, or am I being had?

I think I'm being had

you-serious-clark-o.gif

Reactions: 3 people
I'd still rather have Gruden. He would bring in the best of the best assistant staff!

I like how an ADMIN put (Sarcasm) at the end of my headline. That's all you need to know, if you have no idea this was sarcasm, seriously get a life.

Reactions: 2 people
What I read from the X coach and X players is that they would of never made it to the NCAAs if the fans had not got on their case so hard- made them bond together. so I look on it as a good thing.

This is what is wrong with our fan base. You'd rather make a run in the tourney and have our coaches and players resent the fan base and the university, than support your team and coach and have a positive program. The fans deserve as much blame as anyone. Everyone has noted the negative publicity, but what about Stokes staying for his Sr. year? Do you think the way CCM was treated had any affect? What about when a recruit asks Maymon, McCrae, or Stokes what they thought about UT and if they should commit? I highly doubt they will just forgive and forget. No one wants to be around the negative Nancy, and that's what we are right now. A good/bad coach will come and go, but the fan base never will.

Saying that what has transpired over the past few months is a good thing is unimaginable. It hurts the entire university.

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back