Search Firm vs Hart

Dougie_D

What's the difference when schools hire a search firm? Is it more about PR/Smokescreen?

Is it about money?

Search firm= Find a guy that will make the firm the most money.
Hart= Find a guy that fits and will win us the most games.

Reactions: 8 people
Search firms are supposed to keep candidates interest in job quiet. Its pretty obvious if a major university athletic director walks into a meeting with a potential coach. So if a hire isn't made sometimes looks bad as though the university got shut down. With search firm it's a bunch of regular Joes so media a lot of times don't even pick up that's about a vacancy. Then when the right candidates are selected its at mercy of AD to say who gets job not the other party using university for leverage.

Reactions: 1 person
So since Hart is doing this hire by himself, is it possible that his candidates may not be affiliated with a school? (howland or NBA guy?)Or maybe he has a really tight relationship with a coach before? Or another AD?

So since Hart is doing this hire by himself, is it possible that his candidates may not be affiliated with a school? (howland or NBA guy?)Or maybe he has a really tight relationship with a coach before? Or another AD?

Agents

It is the Ad's job to be the search firm. You must have established contacts to be a true AD. This is why Mike Hamilton was terrible at it. Just raised money and ran the athletic department into the ground.

I think in his presser Hart made it a point he doesnt really talk to agents. Or he doesnt get involve with that stuff.
I honestly think we already got our guy and Hart is making the final papers. That's my gut feeling.

I think in his presser Hart made it a point he doesnt really talk to agents. Or he doesnt get involve with that stuff.
I honestly think we already got our guy and Hart is making the final papers. That's my gut feeling.

Fact is hart acted the same in football search n told everyone he had this tn fans dont worry.. Well we saw how that went didn't we.. Then he walked out to the camera n told us this was the plan all along.. When we knew they botched several potential hires in that search..

I have zero faith n hoping he proves me wrong

What's the difference when schools hire a search firm? Is it more about PR/Smokescreen?

Is it about money?

Hart should step up to the plate...whatever terms you want to use. HE searches. HE finds. HE picks.
If HE wants to go to Bama...he better! :good!:
GO VOLS!

I don't believe it will take Hart very long to find his candidate. You would have to think that he had already prepared a short list of candidates at least twice this year. Once, when the season was going into the crapper, and then again when Martin was flirting with Marquette.

Question: when Hamilton hired Kiffin, Dooley, Pearl, and Martin did he use a search firm or were those all on him?

I don't believe it will take Hart very long to find his candidate. You would have to think that he had already prepared a short list of candidates at least twice this year. Once, when the season was going into the crapper, and then again when Martin was flirting with Marquette.

Question: when Hamilton hired Kiffin, Dooley, Pearl, and Martin did he use a search firm or were those all on him?

He used a dart board with pictures substituted for the point values. BTW didn't hammy collect $700,OOO in severance pay ?

Fact is hart acted the same in football search n told everyone he had this tn fans dont worry.. Well we saw how that went didn't we.. Then he walked out to the camera n told us this was the plan all along.. When we knew they botched several potential hires in that search..

I have zero faith n hoping he proves me wrong

lol ok

VN Store

Back