To all the sports writers out there

EC4VOLS

The fans don't care we lost Martin. Don't come in and watch our team for two weeks and tell us what we're losing! There a three year history with Martin, over 100 games and we know exactly what we lost. A great man who was mediocre as a coach! We always underachieved, so don't tell us what we lost and try to give us a. "Talking to"! We get it and it's ok!

Reactions: 17 people
Agreed. Whether he left, or was "run out of town" as some have suggested, fact is...he gone, and most are either happy or indifferent about it.

Sports writers are scum. They'll talk out of both sides of their mouth, praising Auburn for hiring Pearl and criticizing UT fans for wanting him back. They never paid a dime to our athletics program. Their money didn't pay for Cuonzo's salary. And they couldn't care less whether Tennessee wins or loses. If it were their team, they'd rather have Bruce Pearl too.

Reactions: 3 people
The fans don't care we lost Martin. Don't come in and watch our team for two weeks and tell us what we're losing! There a three year history with Martin, over 100 games and we know exactly what we lost. A great man who was mediocre as a coach! We always underachieved, so don't tell us what we lost and try to give us a. "Talking to"! We get it and it's ok!

I saw a poll conducted on this site that indicated 79% of respondents either were ambivalent that Martin left, relieved that he left, or were very satisfied that he chose to leave.

I suspect that if there is any sorrow for Martin's decision to depart for sunny California and a terrific job, then the sorrow belongs to the media who often spoke and wrote about the disappointments of Tennessee's performance in light of their preseason expectations. Not to mention, the fact that the NCAA Selection Committees dissed his team's worthiness for the tournament his first 2 years, and then only included the final one as a play-in team.

Yeah, I think a lot of people are looking at 2 or 3 weeks of work, and thinking that was what the whole 3 years was like. I just want to know where all these geniuses were when we were underachieving.

I liked Coach Zo, the man, but it was beginning to look like he was never going to get us to the tourney. We (some fans) knew that Pearl wouldn't be around long. It looks stupid now, but two months ago it made perfect sense.

Again, I personally was not anti-Martin. I was just pro-Pearl. Now, I am looking forward to seeing who our next coach is. Of course, we know the media is always right. So, we must be wrong.

VN Store

Back