Lionel Hollins

k-town_king

Give him a call. Would recruit top notch players looking to make the NBA. Could recruit Memphis. Is a great coach. Led the Grizz to the Western Conference Finals and won 56 games with the Grizz. Fired for a cheaper coach since the Grizz front office are idiots.

Reactions: 1 person
Give him a call. Would recruit top notch players looking to make the NBA. Could recruit Memphis. Is a great coach. Led the Grizz to the Western Conference Finals and won 56 games with the Grizz. Fired for a cheaper coach since the Grizz front office are idiots.

He got fired because he was a first class a-hole that was stubborn as a mule and gave all credit to himself. When you call out your new bosses to the media over a trade (Rudy Gay) that ultimately helped the team, you are going to get fired. His ego would clash with Dave Hart, and he will not have patience with college aged players. If he takes another job, it will be in the NBA.

Reactions: 9 people

Lionel Hollins is waiting for a good NBA job, he couldn't care less about college basketball.

He got fired because he was a first class a-hole that was stubborn as a mule and gave all credit to himself. When you call out your new bosses to the media over a trade (Rudy Gay) that ultimately helped the team, you are going to get fired. His ego would clash with Dave Hart, and he will not have patience with college aged players. If he takes another job, it will be in the NBA.

lol, I guess he didnt like your response in the coaching search thread

lol, I guess he didnt like your response in the coaching search thread

I didn't see a response.

I think they should have kept Gay. If they would they would have made the Finals. I don't care if he is an ahole. He deserved credit. He is a great coach. The front office are idiots. I think he would have NBA cred like no other coach but Cal with recruits.

Getting desperate? Lionel Hollins hates the game of college basketball...he's NBA through and through.

I didn't see a response.

I think they should have kept Gay. If they would they would have made the Finals. I don't care if he is an ahole. He deserved credit. He is a great coach. The front office are idiots. I think he would have NBA cred like no other coach but Cal with recruits.

Dumping Rudy has made both Memphis and Toronto better...

I didn't see a response.

I can't disagree with you more. Gay has proven to be a stat-filling one-dimensional player that improves teams once he leaves. Hell, even the Raptors became a better team once they traded him to Sacramento. Gay's style of play went completely against the offense that Memphis is built on. As for Lionel, I echo the comments made earlier that he is stubborn and childish for lashing out at the front office. If the front office is made up of "idiots", then how come they have created so much profit?

I didn't see a response.

Lololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololol

Reactions: 2 people
No way in hell that happens. First, he's not gonna go to the college level. And second, like Gordon said, he's a first rate a-hole who doesn't take orders/feedback very kindly. And Rudy was a total cancer. Look at how Memphis and Toronto have faired without him.

But please, people who know nothing about the Grizzlies continue the discussion.

Reactions: 2 people
I didn't see a response.

Hahahaha

Durant would have score 45 a night ion the semi finals last year if Gay has still be with the grizzlies. That assuming they made it past the clippers, which I'm not sure they would have with gay.

I know Memphis need a go to scorer. They are built to be mediocre. Not bad enough for the lottery and not good enough to win it. No matter Hollins is a great coach. He would be better than all the names mentioned here besides Smart and Marshall. He probably wouldn't come but I would try. Call got players just by being a failure in the NBA. I'm sure a successful coach could do it too. And who care if he is an ahole? That sure has hurt Pops, Saban etc.

I know Memphis need a go to scorer. They are built to be mediocre. Not bad enough for the lottery and not good enough to win it. No matter Hollins is a great coach. He would be better than all the names mentioned here besides Smart and Marshall. He probably wouldn't come but I would try. Call got players just by being a failure in the NBA. I'm sure a successful coach could do it too. And who care if he is an ahole? That sure has hurt Pops, Saban etc.

Uh, the Grizz made the Western Conference Finals knocking off both the Clippers and Thunder before falling to the Spurs...dumping Rudy was great for Memphis and Toronto...and Lionel Hollins doesn't like college basketball.

Lionel Hollins Can’t Watch His Son’s Games Because They’re Boring | The Big Lead

This is were you lost credibility.........

So you really think they can win the championship with this team? They need a go to guy in the clutch. Now if you think Gay isn't I understand. But they need one. And yes they are built to be mediocre or average. They will be a little over .500 make the playoffs and lose to a good team like always. The owners care about money and not winning championships.

Haha right! What a moron. Grizz gonna lock up that 7th seed tonight.

This is how you differentiate guys that watch NBA from guys that do not watch NBA.

You are aware that Gasol missed damn near half of the season with a knee injury...............

This is how you differentiate guys that watch NBA from guys that do not watch NBA.

You are aware that Gasol missed damn near half of the season with a knee injury...............

Like I have been asking the others. Do you really think this team can win the whole thing? I don't. They are ok but won't win it all. The same every year. To me that's mediocre.

So you really think they can win the championship with this team? They need a go to guy in the clutch. Now if you think Gay isn't I understand. But they need one. And yes they are built to be mediocre or average. They will be a little over .500 make the playoffs and lose to a good team like always. The owners care about money and not winning championships.

We are nearly 20 games over .500 this season. We've literally dealt with every player on our team battling an injury (except Mike Miller) and managed to get 49/50 wins. We are one of the best teams in the NBA after Gasol came back. Had we been healthy for the entire season we would be near 60 wins and possibly a 1-3 seed.

We've made the playoffs 4 straight years and have made it past the first round 2 of the last 3 and lost in 7 games to LAC in 2011. Beat a 1 seed Spurs team in 6 games in 2011 and took the eventual Western Conf champs (with Durant, Westbrook, and Harden) to 7 games that year. And beat the Clippers and Thunder last year to make it to the WCF. How is that "mediocre" or "average"?

You obviously know nothing about the Grizzlies. So please stop giving your analysis of the team and attaching your definition of mediocrity to them.

I never said they would win a championship but you stated they were built for mediocrity. Memphis lost to the Spurs in the WCF last year, if that's mediocrity i'm sure the other teams that didn't make it as far would love to be built for mediocrity. Memphis is currently 49-32, that would place them 3rd in the eastern conference, but i guess that's not good enough. As for Rudy even Sacramento fans can't wait to see him go, all he does is accumulate empty stats.

I didn't see a response.

While I had to see results for them to prove it, the front office is showing that they made the correct decision. Hollins is old-school and will not adapt to the times. He wants full control and does not care about the metrics or anything else. He is also harsh toward the media. He even said one time that he didn't watch his son, Austin, play at Minnesota because he did not like the college game.

I don't agree with you about Gay- addition by subtraction. Rudy is not a great outside shooter, and he needs to shoot in volumes to score. I don't know how much you really know about the team being outside Memphis, but the team was better after he was traded.

I have watched 80% of all Grizzly games since they have been in Memphis. With a rookie coach plus the injuries to Gasol, Conley, and Allen, this season has been a success. No they most likely will never win it all with this roster, but they are far from mediocre. Mediocre teams don't make they playoffs, much less win series in it.

Like I have been asking the others. Do you really think this team can win the whole thing? I don't. They are ok but won't win it all. The same every year. To me that's mediocre.

They wouldn't win it all with Lionel Hollins either. The Grizzlies are small market- they are not destined to win it all. You have to have a superstar.

Be exciting, win a playoff series or two, and enjoy. If you think that is settling for less, then so be it. But, that is the way the NBA is set up. Look at the last fifteen years of champions: Miami, San Antonio, Lakers, Celtics, and throw in one year of Dallas and Detroit. What is the common theme?

VN Store

Back