Things will get better eventually!!!! Don't pay that much attention to the media

IAMLEGEND

Get off your soapbox media writers...Cuonzo left, he wasn't fired!!! He did it on his own terms, sure the fan base wanted him gone...honestly this whole thing has been broken down and scrutinized way too much...on a different note, we as fans deserve the right to ***** and moan if we want. This talk that he had the 3rd winningest % in the SEC is all subjective to me. Fans I.m.o. should never be the ones to blame because in my eyes there such a broad spectrum of types of fans that you can only please a small %...so to the ones who stood their ground with Zo I salute you...to the ones who criticized (not chastized like I have) constructively I salute you...I for one am glad Zo is gone...its best for all parties. Now maybe we can get a guy in here that don't have a shadow cast over him by a former Coach. A guy that will be admired by a larger % of the fan base...I have no names, I'm personally glad that it won't be Zo, for the simple reason that it was time to cut ties and everyone new it...

Reactions: 3 people
Just bad timing for UT, its going to be difficult to bring in a upper level coach at this time. So look for a up and commer like Archie Miller...or simular level...

There's just so much he said she said going on...Cuonzo didn't get a raw deal as far as we know. So what a petition is signed for Bruce...the dude was king of his domain. Well deserved too. I'm glad he's gone, so all this talk can just go away!!!

There's just so much he said she said going on...Cuonzo didn't get a raw deal as far as we know. So what a petition is signed for Bruce...the dude was king of his domain. Well deserved too. I'm glad he's gone, so all this talk can just go away!!!

I guess the NCAA up our a@@ was well deserved too?

The older I get, the less I pay attention to the media.

Spot on, Reporters no longer exist its a bunch of little Jerry Springer's running around creating as much drama as they can to get reads and tweets. This reality tv generation falls right into the "oh no media said something bad about us dram drama drama" bs

Yawn, the media wrote similar articles about Minnesota when they fired Tubby Smith. They ended up with a better coach in Richard Pitino.

Yawn, the media wrote similar articles about Minnesota when they fired Tubby Smith. They ended up with a better coach in Richard Pitino.

How is he better? Tubby has multiple bids and a NC. He made the round of 32 last season there. Pitino made the NIT with the same program the next year. According to the ones who wanted Martin gone that is terrible. No matter what, if the team before you goes to the NCCA and you don't the next year you are trash as a coach.

So if Tennessee won the same tournament,would you say Martin was a good coach?People was mad and we made the dance lol

He won the NIT in his first year. He beat Wisconsin and Ohio State and took Michigan state to OT. His team, for the most part, passed the eye test. They played hard, and did it consistently. Which is a lot more than CCM's teams did his 3 years at UT.

Reactions: 1 person
How is he better? Tubby has multiple bids and a NC. He made the round of 32 last season there. Pitino made the NIT with the same program the next year. According to the ones who wanted Martin gone that is terrible. No matter what, if the team before you goes to the NCCA and you don't the next year you are trash as a coach.

So maybe UT should go after Tubby...?

He won the NIT in his first year. He beat Wisconsin and Ohio State and took Michigan state to OT. His team, for the most part, passed the eye test. They played hard, and did it consistently. Which is a lot more than CCM's teams did his 3 years at UT.
He didn't make the dance! lol I bet they lost to some crappy teams not to make it

Reactions: 1 person
They are just looking at the last name.

They also collapsed and missed the NCAA. Lost 10 of the last 18. NWU , Purdue and Ill included. He is way over hyped.

That's not impressive to me.People gave Martin he## for making the NIT.It's dance or bust for us

In year one or two for CCM at UT, I would have been thrilled to win the NIT. Then obviously expectations go up from there. The team and coach must show improvement. It was great when our beloved Vols went to 6 NCAA tournaments in a row, but things change.

So you don't think he would be an upgrade over CCM?

No.Why would I? He led a team that went to the round of 32 to the NIT. Martin did that and it wasn't good. martin has more experience and has now made a good run. What did Pitino do except get shot out the right guy? Might as well hire Tyler Summit to coach the girls team.

No.Why would I? He led a team that went to the round of 32 to the NIT. Martin did that and it wasn't good. martin has more experience and has now made a good run. What did Pitino do except get shot out the right guy? Might as well hire Tyler Summit to coach the girls team.

So when Roy Williams won the the big dance in 08-09 and then the following year they went to the NIT, does that make him a bad coach?

VN Store

Back