Cuonzo will meet with Vols players today,

vosams

Vols Bitch
Per Jimmy Hyams Twitter.

"@JimmyHyams: 4 things I believe: 1. Cuonzo Martin was OK with $1.8m offer, not buyout. 2. He will meet with UT players today and tell returners to stay."

"@JimmyHyams: (1/2) 3. Cuonzo will not influence UT's 4 signees to go to UT or elsewhere. 4. He will try to retain most of his UT staff at California"

Merge if needed.

He should have met with Vol players yesterday before meeting with the Cal players. He has already taken one recruit with him. I wouldn't believe anything he has to say.

Reactions: 56 people
Per Jimmy Hyams Twitter.

"@JimmyHyams: 4 things I believe: 1. Cuonzo Martin was OK with $1.8m offer, not buyout. 2. He will meet with UT players today and tell returners to stay."

"@JimmyHyams: (1/2) 3. Cuonzo will not influence UT's 4 signees to go to UT or elsewhere. 4. He will try to retain most of his UT staff at California"

Merge if needed.

He's got a lot of freaking nerve showing back up after the fact and pretending he has any influence over any of those kids. If I'm UT, I'd tell him to piss off and that you don't want him around any of your current players or signees. They are all off-limits to the head coach at Cal.

Reactions: 33 people
A contingent of Tennessee fans ought to show up and wish him farewell by letting him know what they think of him.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 people
Or for a pessimistic view of point #2 - "I recruited you but you should stay at UT as I have better players returning at Cal than you"...

Reactions: 2 people
This changes things for me and my opinion of Martin from bad to good. Says a lot to come back and address the players and he probably couldn't initially due to the logistics of the situation.

Reactions: 9 people
I wouldn't let him back on campus...I wouldn't trust anything he says...You can only imagine what he has told the recruits we already have.

"so, coach, how was your trip?... wait you weren't just recruiting a new teammate, you were checking out a new school...so you thinking about leaving...you already did! oh ok, well, let me just get my things packed up and.... so you're saying i should stay here but youre outa here...well when are you gonna meet your new team...oh you already met with them and they seem like a great group of guys...."

Reactions: 6 people
A contingent of Tennessee fans ought to show up and wish him farewell by letting him know what they think of him.

I think it would probably take more than a few rednecks with burning mattress to intimidate Martin, but this idea would do wonders for U.T. stellar public perception.

Reactions: 13 people
He could carry a copy of the petition and have all the justification he would need for his decision.

I think it would probably take more than a few rednecks with burning mattress to intimidate Martin, but this idea would do wonders for U.T. stellar public perception.

"Let's paint a rock expressing our aggression with vulgarity towards Cuonzo" - at least one UT student's thoughts

Reactions: 1 person
You underestimate our rednecks. 5* rednecks round here brah!

Ehh, Martin is from East St. Louis, you might be underestimating the 5* crackhead gangsters he grew up with. I'm just saying, maybe U.T. should just keep their heads down on this one and focus on hiring a new coach, instead of further embarrassing themselves.

Reactions: 10 people
He's coming back after the fact cause he realizes it's bad PR for him that he didn't address the team that's his only agenda.

Reactions: 4 people
Hopefully Tennessee fans will take the adult approach to this wish Coach Martin well and let this chapter end. The future could look a lot brighter any day now.

VN Store

Back