The media....

G0V0LS33

I think it is more than sickening to see the media now say it is all the fans fault that this has happened and should have backed the coack regardless. If my meory serves me correctly, after the Vandy and Texas A&M games they were the first to criticize him and help this fanbase feel more like they did when the petition was sent out. Listening to Heather say all of this garbage when I heard her say after the second Texas A&M game that he needed to be replaced and now turn face like this is sickening. They have just as much to do with all of this and in some means more. Back the truck up to Greg Marshall and make him an offer he cannot refuse!

Reactions: 2 people
They're doing their job: get people to read their writing. I think the fans deserve criticism, but not all of it. It's not like Cuonzo was the next big thing in coaching.

The media isn't saying it's all the fans' faults. They're pointing out the obvious in how irrational some fans have been and how absurd they've made the situation.

I'm sorry, but if the petition signers want to take credit for inspiring the team to play better and make a run to the Sweet 16, you guys are going to have to claim a hand in Martin bolting to Cal.

Reactions: 6 people
I think it is more than sickening to see the media now say it is all the fans fault that this has happened and should have backed the coack regardless. If my meory serves me correctly, after the Vandy and Texas A&M games they were the first to criticize him and help this fanbase feel more like they did when the petition was sent out. Listening to Heather say all of this garbage when I heard her say after the second Texas A&M game that he needed to be replaced and now turn face like this is sickening. They have just as much to do with all of this and in some means more. Back the truck up to Greg Marshall and make him an offer he cannot refuse!

You lost me when you stated "Listening to Heather". That is part of your issue. Listening to her is like drinking a stadium cup full of sand.

Reactions: 1 person
A lot of them were saying he needed to be gone and now they are trying to blame the fans because he left. How childish of these guys. I think the contract offered was the main reason he left.

The media isn't saying it's all the fans' faults. They're pointing out the obvious in how irrational some fans have been and how absurd they've made the situation.

I'm sorry, but if the petition signers want to take credit for inspiring the team to play better and make a run to the Sweet 16, you guys are going to have to claim a hand in Martin bolting to Cal.

Most BBB signers are happy to take credit for Martin leaving...

Media: First ever achievements by a fanbase!

1. First fanbase to call for a coaches head. :blink:

2. First to complain about obvious coaching failures, like clock management, timeouts etc. :blink:

3. First to NOT embrace a coach with the personality of Ferris Buellers teacher, Bueller?....Bueller?....:blink:

4. First to expect more from a coach who replaced the most successful coach in school history. :blink:

Clearly, we are all just a bunch of stupid, inbreed, racists! :blink:

Reactions: 7 people
One article.. not sure which one quoted us as having HIRED 4 football coaches in the last 6 seasons. Kiffin, Dooley, Jones. hmmm.... inflammatory stretch much? ... or am I just forgetting someone?

I'll claim my part of being a demanding fan... one who wished (and wishes) coach Martin and his family nothing but the best. Anyone making denegrating remarks about he or his loved ones needs to go find a shred of humanity somewhere. Seriously.

Last edited:
I am pretty laid back, but the TIMES FREE PRESS came out this morning with another article blaming fans and I think they all need to STFU. I supported the team, but I was not happy losses against teams like Texas A&M. Forbes chose us as a top 15 most valuable basketball program, so obviously I was not the only fan supporting the team, whether we enjoyed the way they were playing or not. Fans gave TRU TV their best ratings for the Iowa game. We loved it when they made the sweet 16, etc.

The truth is, he was a nice guy, but didn't really recruit well. He knew he would be in the hot seat again next year and bolted for an inferior team for more money while his stock was up.

Reactions: 3 people
I think the media got too close to Cuonzo. Mickey Dearstone just admitted at the end of his show that he considered cuonzo a friend. The only problem is the UTAD doesn't exist to keep the media's friends hired. They exist to win games.

If you don't think all the noise (petitions, boosters pulling planes, etc) had something to do with Zo wanting out of town, you all are very naive. It was painfully obvious this fanbase (or the loudest portion) and to some extent our administration didn't want him as our head coach. I don't blame him at all. I would have been looking for the first train out too.

Reactions: 5 people
If you don't think all the noise (petitions, boosters pulling planes, etc) had something to do with Zo wanting out of town, you all are very naive. It was painfully obvious this fanbase (or the loudest portion) and to some extent our administration didn't want him as our head coach. I don't blame him at all. I would have been looking for the first train out too.

It's comical how some are trying to ignore the obvious.

Tennessee is much better off now that Martin left. They would have had the petition mentioned after every big win under Martin. The whole focus would be on how he was proving the fan base wrong whenever something good happened. The petition was too embarrassing for him to stay. Leaving helps him and Tennessee.

We do....

you can thank us later :)

Reactions: 4 people
Martin hadn't had any success until A&M and now he is the second coming according to some. Any man that preaches toughness and claims to be a tougher breed who then bolts a job making 1.85 million a year because he is butt hurt over fans calling him out on his lack of success deserves the trees he'll be hugging out in Cali and the taxes he'll pay to hug them. Good riddance! I tried to get behind him and hope for the best, but I look forward to the hush from the media when poor little ccm sucks it up like he did for most of his time here.

Exactly. I hate that this has happen but this is what needed to happen at least once to our fan base. This is a learning moment for us. Hope they don't CBJ like this and force him to leave. Most of our fans have no idea about patients and letting process take it's course. Look at how impatient they are about finding a replacement.

The media is right for once. I am happy for CCM he is at a school that will accept him from the beginning.

Tennessee is much better off now that Martin left. They would have had the petition mentioned after every big win under Martin. The whole focus would be on how he was proving the fan base wrong whenever something good happened. The petition was too embarrassing for him to stay. Leaving helps him and Tennessee.

If the petition is why he left, then good riddance. The petition signers reflect on such a small portion of the fan base for goodness sakes. CM left because his stock WILL NEVER BE THIS HIGH EVER AGAIN!. Our team will be so bad next year and he saw the perfect opportunity to bolt for a program with less expectations than we currently have ATP. IF CM has success at CAL, watch him bolt from there too.

VN Store

Back