No knee jerk reaction please

madbamahater

Dave Hart has plenty of time with the coaching search. Even into the summer. I hope he doesn't pull a Mike Hamilton and just hire the first dude that'll take the job. He stated that a search team will not be hired. I like that! I also like how he handled the football hire. Just be patient. Offer as much as 3 million and go get your guy Dave Hart! GBO!! This is a wonderful opportunity.......

Reactions: 3 people
If you want a decent class there's not much time, and you're gonna be hurting your chances on the 2015 class if you wait very long. Spring evaluation starts next weekend.

Reactions: 1 person
Hate to say it too you man but everything you said is false. Hart needs to be working double time right now and needs to get ball rolling if he expects to keep the current signees and players on board.

IMO, he should have his short list and should've started yesterday making calls and gauging interest. He should know at the end of the day today who from his list is interested and who is not. Set up the interviews, and make the pick. The quicker he gets somebody hired, the quicker we stop getting murdered in the media for being a "bad fanbase" and "untrustworthy administration..." Im not saying just go get the first one you can hire, but really this process shouldn't take months. Somehow, the storyline is "poor pitiful, mistreated Cuonzo...nobody will want that job now"...if Im Hart, i pay what it takes to make a superstar hire and shut them up. Just my opinion, whether or not they are willing to pay our BBall coach more than our Football coach, which is what it would take to get one of the Top 2 that have been mentioned is unlikely though, but we'll see.

IMO, he should have his short list and should've started yesterday making calls and gauging interest. He should know at the end of the day today who from his list is interested and who is not. Set up the interviews, and make the pick. The quicker he gets somebody hired, the quicker we stop getting murdered in the media for being a "bad fanbase" and "untrustworthy administration..." Im not saying just go get the first one you can hire, but really this process shouldn't take months. Somehow, the storyline is "poor pitiful, mistreated Cuonzo...nobody will want that job now"...if Im Hart, i pay what it takes to make a superstar hire and shut them up. Just my opinion, whether or not they are willing to pay our BBall coach more than our Football coach, which is what it would take to get one of the Top 2 that have been mentioned is unlikely though, but we'll see.

How do you know he hasn't and didn't have a short list?

Sit-on-Hands Hart neither threw his full support behind Cuonzo nor prepared for a transition back to Pearl by leaving the door ajar nor put out the appropriate feelers since he wasn't backing Cuonzo 100%. And to cap it off, Bama Dave then has the audacity to tacitly blame "the petition" when he himself had never given Cuonzo 100% support.

He got caught with his pants down (again) and his hands underneath his azz. As he admits, he was taken by complete surprise.

He has to attract and land a Tier One basketball coach in short order. Cuonzo left us high-and-dry, and we need someone quick to patch holes and salvage the next three-to-four years.

Dave Hart - over to you. Deliver or its your last check deposited at First Tennessee, IMHO.

IMO, he should have his short list and should've started yesterday making calls and gauging interest...
I disagree ... sort of. He should have started a short list and made calls when the Marquette interest surfaced. In fact, it probably should have started when the season seemed to be going away 3 months ago. It should be a short "search" and plans (a concept that always left Hamilton confused) ought to be in place.

Dave Hart has plenty of time with the coaching search. Even into the summer. I hope he doesn't pull a Mike Hamilton and just hire the first dude that'll take the job. He stated that a search team will not be hired. I like that! I also like how he handled the football hire. Just be patient. Offer as much as 3 million and go get your guy Dave Hart! GBO!! This is a wonderful opportunity.......
He and Cheek about ****ed up the football hire. No confidence at all that they will make the right hire.

Cronin at Cincinnati looks like a good fit now.....knows Butch Jones. Good record.. Upward move.... Players comments will hurt recruiting but that's temporary.. Martin did not want to be here and hart did not really feel loyal to Martin.. Tennessee needs to move on fast..pretty sure hart really did not want Martin..... Martin simply bailed out !!!.. Look at roster next year... Martin flew the coup and did not even tell talk to players when he left..high and dry

Last edited:

The football hire didn't go well. We just lucked up a got a good coach. Jones was the 10th person on their list of candidates. All the other coaches either said "No" or we said "No" to them.

I fully expect Hart to have two coaches on the top level as his targets to hire. He will offer them a large amount of money. Once they say "No" he will go to the second level of coaches and offer them much less.

Level "1 is probably Gregg Marshall & possibly the coach of Cincinnati.

Level #2 is some coach from an N.I.T. school.... Unproven on the major level and he can be hired at a cheap price. We keep him until we either fire him or until he has success and wants more money. When he wants more money, we let him go elsewhere and don't try to match an offer.

Then we start the hiring process again!

Volnation done lost it mf mind....if the squeaky wheel fans would shut up maybe someone would want this job....almost wish for the days of no internet

OK, let's look at the facts! Rick Byrd is a UT grad. He is 689-356 in his coaching career. He is 60 years old, 61 April 30 (what a birthday present!) As Dave Hart says he wants, he is a WINNER. Belmont beat NC at Chapel Hill this year, Stanford at Stanford the year before, and lost to Duke by 1 the year before that! The last four years!

2013-14 26-10 NIT 2-1
2012-13 26-7 NCAA lost to Arizona
2011-12 27-8 NCAA lost to Georgetown
2010-11 30-5 NCAA lost to Wisconsin
Could go on, but you get the point!

OK, let's look at the facts! Rick Byrd is a UT grad. He is 689-356 in his coaching career. He is 60 years old, 61 April 30 (what a birthday present!) As Dave Hart says he wants, he is a WINNER. Belmont beat NC at Chapel Hill this year, Stanford at Stanford the year before, and lost to Duke by 1 the year before that! The last four years!

2013-14 26-10 NIT 2-1
2012-13 26-7 NCAA lost to Arizona
2011-12 27-8 NCAA lost to Georgetown
2010-11 30-5 NCAA lost to Wisconsin
Could go on, but you get the point!

He's 60 years old dude....Seriously...He needs to retire at Belmont.

I am afraid we will be like the Edmund Fitzgerald if we don't get on this pretty quick...https://www.youtube.com/v/hgI8bta-7aw

Last edited:
JMO we need a coach today this is the beginning of a busy part of the basketball season. I know it will probably take a while, but hopefully not more than two weeks.

VN Store

Back