Who stays?

Chris4Vols22

GBO or GTFO
Assuming our '14 signees are going to be able to be granted releases, who goes and who stays?

I think Austin and Cornish would most likely leave due to proximity. I would think we stand a better chance at retaing Cofer and Turman, but Cofer may have improved his stock since signing.

BUT, I don't know how big a factor time is. Some schools from which they had offers may have filled out their class by now, thus limiting the recruits' options.

My gut tells me we only retain one, but I could be wrong for a multitude of reasons. Maybe they can't transfer or maybe they want to be here anyway...who knows.

Also, keep in mind our next coach may bring some of their recruits here.

I wouldn't grant anyone a release until I had my new coach in place and he had a chance to talk to the young men face to face. Right now, some might want to leave based off of emotion alone. Give them a chance to settle and talk to the new guy before granting a release. If they still want to leave after that, then you let them go.

Reactions: 2 people
Hart needs to make this a quick, successful coaching search. I doubt VN will agree on what a successful coaching search is though. Expectations and reality fail to mix for many.

Dave Hart spoke yesterday like he wouldn't be releasing any of the players so who knows. I think a lot depends on who the hire is, all 4 signees talk and are close, that could help.

UT will probably lose everyone of significance. I just hope the basketball team doesn't fall back to the hell it was in during the early 90s.

I know the Turnan asked Richardson on Twitter

@1_turman: @J_Rich1 aye bru what should we do

@J_Rich1: @1_turman really all we can do is just wait and see who the new coach is 🕛🕚🕙

@1_turman: @J_Rich1 do you y'all want us to come??

Everyone will stay IMO. Signed players and current players.

I think maybe one or two might leave. But no one major. Maybe Reese and someone else. I know Thompson and Hubbs are really close now. The commitments are too I see all staying except maybe one IMO.

Hubbs didn't want to be a 4 yr player. I seriously doubt he sits most of last year and then sits another. Do some of you think before you post?

And he may not transfer. But he would have a strong argument if he requested a release. Players transfer with coaching changes all the time.

No need for the condescending tone, but please tell me what about my argument is unreasonable.

Reactions: 1 person
Sarcasm or do you have a reason to be so optimistic? I can't recall a coach bailing like this and all the commited guys staying with the school.

I'm serious. How many left when Buzz got popped?

Hubbs isn't going to go somewhere and sit out a year.

Reactions: 1 person
And he may not transfer. But he would have a strong argument if he requested a release. Players transfer with coaching changes all the time.

No need for the condescending tone, but please tell me what about my argument is unreasonable.

Even with a release, he will have to sit out a yr....I seriously doubt he will transfer unless he totally does not like the new hire.

If they leave it will be for another destination other than California. They are filled up and want be accepting anyone unless someone on the team is asked to leave.

I hope he doesn't go anywhere, just saying there's good reason to believe he'll think about it.

He missed pretty much a whole season of basketball.... I really doubt he wants to sit out two full seasons. Plus being an in-state kid probably helps our cause.

Smith and Gordon two recruits left but no players already on the team.

They weren't signed were they? I guess Tyler Smith was.

But he was a little more high profile than our current signees. I just think most will stick. Especially if the new coach recruits them to stay.

VN Store

Back