Could next coach be...

No need to be smart to OP...just because he posts something that you have knowledge about. That's why I can't stand these forums, you state a fact then you get lamb basted for it. To be honest I've only seen 3 coaches mentioned and by people who don't know whats gonna happen. Love how Volnations elite think they're the second coming of Brent Hubbs with inside knowledge but with disrespectful intents if you say something that may have been already mentioned...go f yourselves volnation know it alls!!!

Reactions: 13 people
Alan Houston? Thoughts..

Alan Houston would never coach here especially after the way vol fans treated his father. I don't think another black coach would coach at UT again after this. Hell I'm worried that some black players may not want to come to UT after this. This was a major mess up by the boosters, AD, & petition fans. You guys got what you wanted, & the funny thing is that Bruce Pearl is laughing his azz off at you guys with his war eagles!!!!

Reactions: 15 people
Alan Houston would never coach here especially after the way vol fans treated his father. I don't think another black coach would coach at UT again after this. Hell I'm worried that some black players may not want to come to UT after this. This was a major **** up by the boosters, AD, & petition fans. You guys got what you wanted, & the funny thing is that Bruce Pearl is laughing his azz off at you guys with his war eagles!!!!

I'd say his father was treated pretty well. He got five years, even though he averaged 18 losses a season, never made the NCAA tournament, twice tied the school record for losses in a single season, and did all of this while having a future NBA all-star on the team for four of his five seasons.

Allan Houston isn't going to be the next coach because he's doesn't have the experience to be a Division I head coach, even if he wanted to be, which he probably doesn't. But if he did, he could only dream of the kind of patience that Wade got.

As for Pearl, we'll see how he does. I have my doubts he'll get the same institutional support from AU that he had at UT, plus he's one NCAA slip-up from permanent professional extinction. He'd better be worrying about his own program and not Tennessee's.

Reactions: 12 people
Alan Houston would never coach here especially after the way vol fans treated his father. I don't think another black coach would coach at UT again after this. Hell I'm worried that some black players may not want to come to UT after this. This was a major **** up by the boosters, AD, & petition fans. You guys got what you wanted, & the funny thing is that Bruce Pearl is laughing his azz off at you guys with his war eagles!!!!

Woo tiger

I'd say his father was treated pretty well. He got five years, even though he averaged 18 losses a season, never made the NCAA tournament, twice tied the school record for losses in a single season, and did all of this while having a future NBA all-star on the team for four of his five seasons.

Allan Houston isn't going to be the next coach because he's doesn't have the experience to be a Division I head coach, even if he wanted to be, which he probably doesn't. But if he did, he could only dream of the kind of patience that Wade got.

As for Pearl, we'll see how he does. I have my doubts he'll get the same institutional support from AU that he had at UT, plus he's one NCAA slip-up from permanent professional extinction. He'd better be worrying about his own program and not Tennessee's.

Very well said.

You sir - are an idiot - and your panties are in a wad. No way will we ever get another caucasian coach after the way Dooley and his family were treated. Why we had the audacity to expect the team to be well coached, reach goals, and not underachieve. Troll along little doggie.

Reactions: 25 people
Winning and losing games doesn't have a skin color. **** you for making this racial. Its 2014. Buzz Peterson got waaaaay worse treatment. Rightfully so, he lost tons of games and was canned.

The petition was to "bring back Bruce". Not just a generic "fire Martin".

In Martin's own words....the petition didn't bother him.....

Reactions: 5 people
You sir - are an idiot - and your panties are in a wad. No way will we ever get another caucasian coach after the way Dooley and his family were treated. Why we had the audacity to expect the team to be well coached, reach goals, and not underachieve. Troll along little doggie.

Gold

Reactions: 3 people
no need to be smart to op...just because he posts something that you have knowledge about. That's why i can't stand these forums, you state a fact then you get lamb basted for it. To be honest i've only seen 3 coaches mentioned and by people who don't know whats gonna happen. Love how volnations elite think they're the second coming of brent hubbs with inside knowledge but with disrespectful intents if you say something that may have been already mentioned...go f yourselves volnation know it alls!!!

well said my friend very well said

It is not a black/white thing! Jerry Green was treated poorly by Dickey when he was the coach here.

It seems to me that if the boosters like a coach then he is good to go and hsa support. If not, then they make life difficult for them.

Good lord what is up with all of the retards making this into some racist thing? STFU already

Reactions: 10 people
A lot of you are probably too young to remember the way Wade Houston was treated. I was a student at the time and I remember it very clearly, and if you think race wasn't involved you're just mistaken.

Racist, imo

A lot of you are probably too young to remember the way Wade Houston was treated. I was a student at the time and I remember it very clearly, and if you think race wasn't involved you're just mistaken.

25 years ago. I think some things change in 25 years. Unless those same people are in charge? Oh they're not? Nothing to see here

We're talking about the town where the people who were in charge 25 years ago made national headlines for ignoring term-limit laws until they were sued, at which time they installed their children and spouses in their city council positions.

It's Knoxville. Don't bet on change here unless you've got money to burn.

Reactions: 1 person

That's a racist post. What does being black have to do with any of what you wrote? People did not treat Alan Houston, his father, or Martin the way they did because they were black. They treated them the way they did because of their performance. It amazes me how people want to inject racism into things that have nothing to do with racism. It's self projection by the person doing it (i.e., they are the racist).

Reactions: 1 person
Well that is on the country club. Our fans and school cannot control what some country club does and our fans and school certainly did not treat him in any racist manner because of skin color.

I'm sorry, but you totally misunderstand the power structure of this town and the deep racial divide that continues here to this day.

I'm not saying Martin's lack of support was because of his race. I'm saying what I know, which is that Wade Houston was treated like a second-class citizen here, and it was directly, indisputably because of his skin color.

Reactions: 2 people

VN Store

Back