Put Up Or Shut Up Time For UTAD and Fans

Tux

It is now put up or shut up time. We will see how devoted Dave GHart and many of our fans are in being a major basketball power.

There are some big name and very good coaches, that could be had….if the money is right.

UT will have spend big $$$ to get one of the top coaches who could take Tennessee basketball to prominence in the college basketball world. Is UT willing to spend the money to get that kind of coach?

Is UT willing to pay it's new basketball coach more than it pays Butch Jones, it's football coach? It is going to take that in order to get a top coach and it is worth it if you want a top basketball program going to the sweet sixteen and higher most years.

Let's see how badly our fans and the UTAD want to be a great basketball program. Who they hire will say a lot about how basketball is really looked upon in the UTAD office.

Hire a mid-major up and comer, we know that the UTAD is not serious about our pram being a top program.

Reactions: 1 person
Then why do fans ***** about how we fare in basketball?

Why not be a football and basketball school? It can be done.

Reactions: 2 people
We are a football school first.

**** that bull ****. We are both and should be. Our attendance in basketball is top 10 every year and that says otherwise. The whole thing with football first gets on my damn nerves. I love UT football and I love UT basketball. Why the **** does one have to be first?

Reactions: 6 people
**** that bull ****. We are both and should be. Our attendance in basketball is top 10 every year and that says otherwise. The whole thing with football first gets on my damn nerves. I love UT football and I love UT basketball. Why the **** does one have to be first?

Because it matters more.

Unless football as we know it dies, basketball will never be equal to football at UT. No way in hell they pay a basketball coach more than the football coach. Should they? It all comes down to business and football, like it or not, pays the vast majority of the bills.

Reactions: 3 people
Unless football as we know it dies, basketball will never be equal to football at UT. No way in hell they pay a basketball coach more than the football coach. Should they? It all comes down to business and football, like it or not, pays the vast majority of the bills.

it has several times now

It is now put up or shut up time. We will see how devoted Dave GHart and many of our fans are in being a major basketball power.

There are some big name and very good coaches, that could be had….if the money is right.

UT will have spend big $$$ to get one of the top coaches who could take Tennessee basketball to prominence in the college basketball world. Is UT willing to spend the money to get that kind of coach?

Is UT willing to pay it's new basketball coach more than it pays Butch Jones, it's football coach? It is going to take that in order to get a top coach and it is worth it if you want a top basketball program going to the sweet sixteen and higher most years.

Let's see how badly our fans and the UTAD want to be a great basketball program. Who they hire will say a lot about how basketball is really looked upon in the UTAD office.

Hire a mid-major up and comer, we know that the UTAD is not serious about our pram being a top program.

Prepare thyself for another mid major hire.

Basketball has been outperforming and out earning football at UT for the past 8-9 years.

It also has more fan support. I love them both but I would be a liar if I said they were both equal.

I have said this for the last two hires. But it won't happen. We will not pay a whole lot for a basketball coach. That is our history. In his interview last year, Hart even said that football must get "right" before anything else. I may be wrong but would be shocked if we paid more than $2 million for a coach.

I think the goal of every sport in the UT athletic department should be to win championships. Period.

We are a football school first.

A bad football school right now. We're fortunate we've had good basketball teams while our football has been bottom-level for the last several years. Imagine what things would've been like if both programs had been at the same level of performance?

Making the attempt to have a strong basketball standard is not incompatible with the goals and ambitions of the football program.

Take a look at Florida sometime. Think paying Donovan at an elite-level hurts their football program? There is one thing that has hurt Florida football, and it isn't basketball excellence. It is a defensive coordinator-turned-head coach who has in the past employed a stone age offense that couldn't score on Georgia Southern.

You get what you are willing to pay for in sports. When you hire on the cheap, you tend to receive a level of quality that reflects that decision.

Tennessee has all the advantages necessary to become a top-level basketball program that earns revenue for the athletic department. The only thing that holds us back is an attitude from the leadership that success can be achieved with regularity at bargain-basement prices.

Reactions: 3 people
Basketball has been outperforming and out earning football at UT for the past 8-9 years.

I would like to see your data on the earnings. So we as a fan base pushed out a coach that has been a part of a program that helped out perform our football program. That's logical.

Reactions: 2 people
Please share the statistics of how the Tommy Bowl has made more money than Neyland, which is over 3 times as large.

The UT football team has not been bowling and has earned little bowl money if any. The UT basketball program has won at a higher percentage than the football team, has more winning seasons than the football team, and has earned more post-season money from the NCAA Tourney than the football program has earned over the past several years. Thats how.

I think the goal of every sport in the UT athletic department should be to win championships. Period.

Isn't that the goal for all programs anywhere? To try to win championships, thus fan support and more money. The thing is, basketball at nearly any school isn't floating the ship.

A bad football school right now. We're fortunate we've had good basketball teams while our football has been bottom-level for the last several years. Imagine what things would've been like if both programs had been at the same level of performance?

Making the attempt to have a strong basketball standard is not incompatible with the goals and ambitions of the football program.

Take a look at Florida sometime. Think paying Donovan at an elite-level hurts their football program? There is one thing that has hurt Florida football, and it isn't basketball excellence. It is a defensive coordinator-turned-head coach who has in the past employed a stone age offense that couldn't score on Georgia Southern.

You get what you are willing to pay for in sports. When you hire on the cheap, you tend to receive a level of quality that reflects that decision.

Tennessee has all the advantages necessary to become a top-level basketball program that earns revenue for the athletic department. The only thing that holds us back is an attitude from the leadership that success can be achieved with regularity at bargain-basement prices.

I get what you are saying but basketball has not been any better than the football team since Pearl was fired.

Pay Fred Hoiberg $3million a year, which is probably what it would take to lure him away from his alma mater, and we would have a top 10 program quickly.

VN Store

Back