damn! not the greatest publicity here

Was there anything factually incorrect in that article?

I really could give a flip about uninformed or biased opinions about the whole deal. Just shows people that do this for a living can be misinformed fools.

Reactions: 6 people
It's called sensationalism!!!

Nothing else going on in the sports world....besides the NCAA giving unlimited
meals.

One day far from now when I'm a great grandfather, I'll be honored like a purple heart wearing war vet for being a vol fan from the years 2008-2015.

Reactions: 11 people

The only fire that could be questioned was Fulmer. There's a reason Pearl was let go. Kiffin walked out. Dooley's was justified.

Where's the dysfunction part?

Reactions: 7 people
The only fire that could be questioned was Fulmer. There's a reason Pearl was let go. Kiffin walked out. Dooley's was justified.

Hiring them in the first place

There's something awry when you churn through this many coaches on a regular basis

Reactions: 3 people
One day far from now when I'm a great grandfather, I'll be honored like a purple heart wearing war vet for being a vol fan from the years 2008-2015.
Seriously . . . Tennessee sports has been literally 6 years of a bad reality show.

Reactions: 14 people
I really could give a flip about uninformed or biased opinions about the whole deal. Just shows people that do this for a living can be misinformed fools.

One thing he's not misinformed about is that the national perception is that the University of Tennessee's athletic program is a trainwreck.

Reactions: 3 people

don't forget how well getting rid of delmonico worked out.

Let's take a moment to enjoy what we have now which happens to be the loss of a mediocre coach. Anyone who feels sad is just mad that their ego was hurt because they wanted to say they were right about Zo turning it around and will continue to be our coach. Opposing fans wanted him to stay because we would continue to progress into a mediocre abyss. Time to rise up and rejoice that we have a chance to get a coach who wins.

Reactions: 7 people
Do people realize how insignificant a single yahoo opinion piece is in the grand scheme of things?

From a national perspective, the only way possible to make Cuonzo Martin leaving UT a story worth reading is to take a side and sensationalize it.

Martin is gone and both he and UT will be better for it.

Forde and Dana O'Neil (whoever she is) writing a hit piece on UT is small potatoes. It's barely noteworthy and will be long forgotten when we introduce our next head coach.

Reactions: 2 people

No...none read.

Wondered what the % breakdown of Vol Fans are experiencing the following:

Shame, Guilt, Elation, Anger, Gloom Remorse.

Do people realize how insignificant a single yahoo opinion piece is in the grand scheme of things?

From a national perspective, the only way possible to make Cuonzo Martin leaving UT a story worth reading is to take a side and sensationalize it.

Martin is gone and both he and UT will be better for it.

Forde and Dana O'Neil (whoever she is) writing a hit piece on UT is small potatoes. It's barely noteworthy and will be long forgotten when we introduce our next head coach.

it's not a hit piece.

let me put it this way....i can argue that in the last 5 years, vanderbilt has been the premier sports program in the state of tennessee when it comes to the major sports.

now, you can agree or disagree with that argument, but i could make a compelling argument.

the fact that an argument can be made tells you how well the tennessee athletic department has been run.

Reactions: 2 people
One thing he's not misinformed about is that the national perception is that the University of Tennessee's athletic program is a trainwreck.

I think we've probably got a little different perspective on this since we're forced to hear more of the outsider opinion.

VN Store

Back